New stereo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4 fun

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m looking at upgrading the stereo on my 2014 D40 as my factory ones display has gone. Just wanted to see what people experiences and recommendations for a replacement that will work with all the steering wheel controls.
Thanks in advance

I’ve got a cheap and nasty Chinese android unit in mine. Works ok, supposedly works with steering wheel controls - but I don’t have any.

My wife’s car, R51 pathfinder has a Sony xav-ax1000. It has a lot better software and is more reliable as responsive where the cheapie lags, hangs and crashes a fair bit. Comes with apple CarPlay, but is only via cable, not wireless. It also has USB input for music, but with one port can only connect phone or stick not both. Wasn’t difficult to install. Should have bought the next model up, but I wanted a volume know, not buttons.

I’ve got a cheap and nasty Chinese android unit in mine. Works ok, supposedly works with steering wheel controls - but I don’t have any.

My wife’s car, R51 pathfinder has a Sony xav-ax1000. It has a lot better software and is more reliable as responsive where the cheapie lags, hangs and crashes a fair bit. Comes with apple CarPlay, but is only via cable, not wireless. It also has USB input for music, but with one port can only connect phone or stick not both. Wasn’t difficult to install. Should have bought the next model up, but I wanted a volume know, not buttons.
Thanks mate I’m leaning towards a Sony or Kenwood

I’m leaning towards a Sony or Kenwood
Can't go much wrong with either. Stick to main brands. I ended up putting in a Pioneer. Had a little hassle sorting the rear camera but all good. Intuitive menu and tuner is fantastic compared to the old Nissan unit which is as deaf as a post.

Edit: Bluetooth is great to, people can not pick I am on hands free.

Attachments

• IMG_2039.JPG
    IMG_2039.JPG
    802.2 KB · Views: 57
I just got the Sony xav1000 as well and super happy with it. I got that model for the same reason as GunMetalGrey, I wanted a volume knob not touch buttons. Was super easy to install, did it in about 35 mins including leading the mic up to the rear view mirror. You can get all the wiring harnesses you need from super cheap. They ask you if your navara is with or without steering wheel controls as it will determine which harness you buy so I’d say it is definitely possible with this model. I have a 2012 D40 and the sales man said I needed an adaptor for the radio antenna too but they weren’t in stock till next week so I didn’t buy one (was going to just add in when I got it), when I did the install I found that I didn’t even need the adaptor he thought I would for the antenna, plugged straight in. Mine needs a fascia kit as the Sony is just a bit smaller than the opening and I’d like to clean it up a bit. I also had to drill new holes in the existing brackets to perfectly centre it in the opening but very small tweaks that are easy. Not sure if the 2014 will be the same though. Hope some of this helps.

I have a Pioneer AVH205BT with wheel controls and reversing . I bought the wiring harness separately and it plugged straight in. Has worked very well. No apple car play or android auto but I have no need for them anyway. Took about an 90 minutes to fit it once I had run the wires for the mircrophone and the reversing camera. It also has a handy function where you can turn on the rear camera at anytime.

I went Sony AX8000. 8.9 Screen. Anything bigger did not look right to me.

Attachments

• 157445109_1534464776763356_1804810174628511693_n.png
    157445109_1534464776763356_1804810174628511693_n.png
    2 MB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back