New single mass clutch fitted to 06 d40, has clutch slipping, turbo surge and low rev/speed vibration.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig123

Reaction score
Hi all, Originally i took my spain built 06 2.5 yd navara into the shop with air leaks in the induction/turbo system, and the turbo seemed to surge, leaks were just hose connections and gaskets for the turbo, got it back and the clutch was slipping, ( was told it had a new one fitted before i brought the car) so i had a new single mass clutch kit installed by the mechanic (not suspecting poor workmanship by mechanic), now i have clutch slipping when boost comes on or on load in the hills ect with the new clutch kit.

The turbo still surges and there seems to be some rattling/vibration at low revs/speed and the taco dances between the revs (probably due to slip).

has anyone experiences this?

could it be due to parts of the kit not balanced or calibrated to suit each part, like maybe the thrust bearing is 1.5 mill too wide so it holds pressure off the plate, or the fingers of the plate are not holding pressure on.

The car hasn't run right since i got it and ive replaced the whole top end, we figured because of the air leaks this was why the turbo was surging, now with air leaks fixed and it has more power the original clutch started to slip, so thats the reason i got a new one put in, the old clutch and pressure plate looked new no marks or wear at all, we just figured it was down a little so it was starting to slip, but the new one does the same thing.

parts include

New egr valve
new suction control valve
new solenoid valve ass
new turbo vacuum control solenoid
rebuilt head,valves cams followers ect
new turbo and gaskets (Turbo was flow tested and adjusted)
new vacuum lines
new timing chain
new glow plugs
new single mass clutch that slips
injectors flow tested

regards craig.

Last edited:
was the pressure plate torqued to specs. does foot pedal have correct free travel, note how far the pedal travels when clutch engages, does it hapen at the same spot all the time, if pedal engages the clutch after 20mm of travel or near the floor there may be some adjustement to be done.does the lower clutch slave cylinder rod have the correct free travel..(normaly it should after fitting new clutch kit) measure free travel ,if rod needs adjusting you may need to modify rod length. the free travel on pedal befor the rod on top master cylinder engages piston is important.. TO give another example that happened to me is on hyundi , mechanic fitted new brake pedal light swith ,, car would start to slow down under accelleration after haveing engaged the brakes about five times. it would virtually come to a stand still . when car went back to different mechanic , he readjusted the switch to allow correct free travel.. what was happenning the piston wasnt comming back far enough so each time you pumped the pedal piston kept moving forward to where it would lock the brakes

Sorry for not getting back earlier.

The issue was to much load on the clutch fork from the slave cylinder.

took it back to the mechanics the day after i posted on here and when i told him it was still slipping, he said it could only be the load on the fork.

simple fix.

cheers.

Latest posts

Back