New Shocks are in.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ST-R STOKER

Reaction score
Hi Team,
Put new shocks in the Truck today. Wow it was so easy and got heaps of satisfaction from doing a job like that my self. Still had the original ones at 158,000, and now riding much better, not like a pogo stick now. Seeing as how it was the first time i have ever done them, I was wondering how you are supposed to tell when the top of the shock rubbers are done up or compressed enough? I have done them up the same amount as the ones that came off. I would be interested to know if there is a set procedure or just go by feel.

Cheers Andy

Well done mate. tighten them up to the point that the rubber is just about to buldge out the side. Drive around for about 4 weeks and chech them again. Once everything settles down you may find they have come a bit loose and you ill have a knocking noise as you go ober bumps.If that happens just tighten them up again

As scottybobcat has said.

Also when i did mine, i marked a white line across the nut (paint pen). That way, with a quick visal inspection i can see if they have come loose. Did the same with me body mount bolts.

Pete

Back