New Radiators

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highway man

Reaction score
Good Morning all,

I am in the market soon for a new radiator fo my D21 SD25 Diesel, I think the one
on board is the original, and looks in a very sorry state, Question please!

Has anyone tried the New ones on Evilbay and anything to report that could save me a wrong move, They are Aluminium Core with a Plastic top and bottom tank,
to stop the Fluride Reaction to the old Copper ones, I know I can have the old one
{still operating} recored but that will cost me upwards of three Hundred Dollars AU.
while these Ally' type are from 100.00 dollars a.u., some even have a warranty
of 60'000 Klm or two years whichever comes first, which is fair enough, So, if there
is a user in our ranks, could you please give me your opinion of these units, as I suppose they will requirer a different type of coolant as well!

Thanks for any information you folks can give me!

Regards,

Highway Man!:confused2:

I put one of Forefronts ally ones in my D22 about a year ago and haven't had any problems, probably came from china like the ebay ones. Put one on my FZ6R too, pretty good quality. Just make sure you rinse it out before fitting to make sure there's no bits of slag in there still.

My advise is to double check on compatability with fleabay seller prior to purchase. I have mate who is running a alloy core on his ka2.4e nav, he said it runs a little warmer than before but nothing to write home about. If your feeling like getting one post your results. I'm keen to know how it goes in the diesel D21's

I ordered this off eBay. I didn't pay bottom dollar, it was quite a bit more than the cheapest one. Didn't do many kays before I pulled the car off the road to do some other stuff to it, but the build quality seems really good - similar to OEM.

image4_Large_1.jpeg

Last edited:
Latest on Radiators

After watching my Radiator Tubes swelling gently with a few Revs while parked and hot, I had a feeling I might be getting close to walking home time, so I started to watch the prices of "Evilbay" and "Gummie Tree" on their Radiators, At about this time I was asked by the local Motor Wreckers to repair his "Steam Cleaner" for him, so I got started the next day!

Come Lunchtime I took a walk about his yard, with his Permission and found a Lonely "2005", 3.l Navara Ute with a good looking Radiator so I pressure tested it ,as you do, and found it operational, so gave it and a "Rear Rollover Bar" a new home, in exchange for my Labour on his "Steam Cleaner, I had to shorten the four bolts that hold the Front Bumper to the Chassis and hang out quite a bit and it fitted right into place for me!

On refilling and refitting it to my "Tug", I was rather surprised to find it held approx' Half a gallon more Coolant, and dropped the Heat about Ten Degrees on my Heat Gauge, so, All seems to be looking good and no more Flexing Radiator Pipes like my decaying Waist!

The "Rear Roll Bar, is another chapter in my "Tug, D21" saga, coming soon to bore you all Sh#tless!

Regards,
highway Man!:deadhorse2:

Last edited:
D21 "TUG" Continues.

Over the last Six months while doing bits and pieces on my "Tug", I have
been looking for a Job to make that "Extra Quid", we all have a need for, only
to find I am now registered as to old to be any use in this world of youngsters,
to often I am told I am over qualified and knocked back, So, I was sulking while sitting on the front Verandah drinking a beer, when my Neighbour told me about
his friend with the same problem, and now I am travelling down a new road in my life!
I have fitted a rear rollbar to hold a set of scales, had Business Cards printed, and
I am in the middle of sorting out Pamphlets to introduce me to hopefully future Clients, and My "Tug D21" and I are going bush, looking for and buying, scrap
Metal of the "Non Ferros TYpe" brass, bronze, Aluminium, and Lead,!

The loads will be small by necestity, half to Three quarter ton would be enough for Her to haul, The Scales I will use will be a hanging type, a bit like our "Fishing Scales we all have about our sheds, only a little larger, and my first two trips will be used up distributing my Pamphlets thruout the Rural Area's about one or two hundred miles from home, followed up by travelling around to test my luck by
meeting people and hopefully buying their assorted scrap Metal, and reselling it at local buyers!

The Management thinks I am stupid, and am wasting money we could buy new Furniture with, but I just cannot sit here and wait to die, I must keep moving
over the next hill, so I figure I might as well earn a quid while doing this if I can!

So today I will try my hand at "Signwritting the Cab and Tray Dropsides, So, cross your fingers for me and the "Tug D21"!

Highway Man!:deadhorse:

Good luck Highway Man!!, as long as your profit margin is high and your not spending precious time finding your material you'll do well. Hope the SD25 can manage 750kg lol :ball:

Over the last Six months while doing bits and pieces on my "Tug", I have
been looking for a Job to make that "Extra Quid", we all have a need for, only
to find I am now registered as to old to be any use in this world of youngsters,
to often I am told I am over qualified and knocked back, So, I was sulking while sitting on the front Verandah drinking a beer, when my Neighbour told me about
his friend with the same problem, and now I am travelling down a new road in my life!
I have fitted a rear rollbar to hold a set of scales, had Business Cards printed, and
I am in the middle of sorting out Pamphlets to introduce me to hopefully future Clients, and My "Tug D21" and I are going bush, looking for and buying, scrap
Metal of the "Non Ferros TYpe" brass, bronze, Aluminium, and Lead,!

The loads will be small by necestity, half to Three quarter ton would be enough for Her to haul, The Scales I will use will be a hanging type, a bit like our "Fishing Scales we all have about our sheds, only a little larger, and my first two trips will be used up distributing my Pamphlets thruout the Rural Area's about one or two hundred miles from home, followed up by travelling around to test my luck by
meeting people and hopefully buying their assorted scrap Metal, and reselling it at local buyers!

The Management thinks I am stupid, and am wasting money we could buy new Furniture with, but I just cannot sit here and wait to die, I must keep moving
over the next hill, so I figure I might as well earn a quid while doing this if I can!

So today I will try my hand at "Signwritting the Cab and Tray Dropsides, So, cross your fingers for me and the "Tug D21"!

Highway Man!:deadhorse:

Good luck with your endeavours highway man. You'll have to post up some pics of the tough old work horse with the sign writing and the set-up.

Latest posts

Back