Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all new here got myself a d40 a week ago 2010 auto Thai built diesel it’s now got a locked up engine I got a great buy obviously not talk about a nice introduction to Nissan navara life not sure how it could get worse it was running fine not using coolant temps good no rattle in chains and I go to start it yesterday and engine is seized solid hydro locked the sound of it so I am deciding on changing my name to old man fool or sucker what you all think

Welcome to the forum.

How do you know it's hydro locked? Could it just be a problem with the starter gear?

The easiest way to tell is to pull ALL of the glow plugs, prime the fuel system to make sure it has fuel (to lubricate the pump more than anything else) and try cranking it.

If the engine has been hydro locked the fluid should start coming out. If it doesn't even try to turn over, the issue may just be with the starter.

And even in the worst case, where the engine has hydro locked and needs a full rebuild - there's no point calling you "old man fool" or anything. Things break all the time and there's little we can do about it.

Heads off completely destroyed the valves pistons all damaged bent the connecting rod in 1 cyl so would say it’s toast it also has a cracked head so new engine is being fitted I just can’t believe I have just spent more money on a new engine than I paid for the vehicle ouch I not sure if that is correct decision or if I should have just walked away it’s a hard pill to swallow for a someone that spent half my life working as a mechanic as I said I felt like a fool as in was being hard on myself for not picking up on something wrong with engine when I purchased it maybe I’m getting on a bit and missed something it wasn’t meant to offend anyone I apologize if it did it was a self observation I’m pretty darn hard on myself I don’t like to miss things that’s for sure

Latest posts

Back