Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chr1st0f

Reaction score
Hi all

The Name is Christof, and from South Africa. I have a modified D22 YD25 and looking to take the engine mods even further.

Current mods:
Remap
63mm Exhaust
Larger IC
Boost raised to 1.4 Bar

I am currently busy building the exhaust manifold for the new turbo and was wanting to know what you guys think of my choice? (and please do give your opinion on this). The turbo I have in mind is a TD04HL-15T #6 (A/R=0.42, T25). It is somewhat larger than standar but lag should theoretically be manageable?

I am not looking to run crazy big numbers but lets face it, the factory RHF4 is a POS once you start boosting it. I have contacted all the local guys and the cost of doing a hybrid or importing one is more expensive than just buying a propper new turbo (yes I know, its laughable).

Thanks for your input.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

That turbo produces slightly less boost than the Garrett GT2056V fitted to the D40 YD25s. You'll have a little more lag than you'd normally get but less than D40 owners.

Just watch EGTs, I guess. That'd be the key thing to monitor when going full-pelt.

Hi Tony, thank you for your reply.
Yeah I went full taps the other day and my EGTs shot up to 900C, as you could guess I almost had a mild heart attack, guess my tune is a bit more rich than I thought it was.

I did originally look at the GT2056V but finding a mechanic to do the VNT setup was mission impossible and I have no idea how to control the vanes so I moved on. Seems that on this side of the pond if you don't drive a Hilux or Ranger the local guys are less than likely to help.

I am finding next to no info on turbo swaps on these so I think I will create a thread when all the fabrication is done and I have all the needed parts. Could turn out to be something interesting.

VNTs can be controlled by Tillix or Dawes valves. I have a Tillix valve on mine, I was tired of replacing the BCS.

You only need to tap into the turbocharger outlet somewhere and use a vacuum line - diagrams came with my Tillix valve.

Thanks for that info!! A quick browse pointed that I would need to import one which isn't a problem at all, just a bit of patience from my side. This definitely opens up new avenues if the td04 doesn't work out (or if I get a itch again😂😂)

Latest posts

Back