Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteH

Reaction score
Hi my names Pete H , from Adelaide HIlls and I am a new member. I am appreciative of this forum , tho hope I dont need to use it for major issues, more "tinkering fun stuff"! cheers Peter

Actually I have two questions regarding my 2008 D40:
1. Driving back from Easter, towing the van, the rear parking lights not working, and seems I have blown left low beam head lamp. It was wet where we camped up at Renmark on the Murray, so not surprised. Can anyone advise location of fuses for this (I am hoping thats all it is)
2. The car started blowing black smoke under load a month or so ago. It's been recently serviced (after I'd noticed the smoke) but not change to the smoke factor!!!!
Any tips would be great. cheers
peter

welcome to the forum mate
three places to find a fuse box on your Nav.
two are in the engine bay - both up top, one left side one right side and towards the back - black boxes
third is on the left of your open globe box compartment behind a little cover
if you got water and dirt in your trailer plug- sometimes they may fault
or if the vans lights went?
wortha check on the wiring there aswell as replacing the fuse
good luck and let us know how you get on

As for the black smoke, it's time to look through the engine bay following the path from turbocharger to intake manifold and looking for oily black emissions from any gap, crack or seam.

That might not be the solution - it could also be an EGR leak. That's harder to check for, as it might be a faulty valve, but easy to solve - replace the gasket with a blanking plate and see how it goes.

welcome to the forum mate
three places to find a fuse box on your Nav.
two are in the engine bay - both up top, one left side one right side and towards the back - black boxes
third is on the left of your open globe box compartment behind a little cover
if you got water and dirt in your trailer plug- sometimes they may fault
or if the vans lights went?
wortha check on the wiring there aswell as replacing the fuse
good luck and let us know how you get on
Thanks mate. I'll get on it and let you know. I ve looked in the boxes on passenger side (in glove box and engine compartment). Didnt see a fuse box on steering wheel side of engine compartment (yet).

As for the black smoke, it's time to look through the engine bay following the path from turbocharger to intake manifold and looking for oily black emissions from any gap, crack or seam.

That might not be the solution - it could also be an EGR leak. That's harder to check for, as it might be a faulty valve, but easy to solve - replace the gasket with a blanking plate and see how it goes.
Thanks Tony I ll let you know

Latest posts

Back