Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicoz

Reaction score
Hello from Belgium,

I just created an account. I'm the owner of a second hand D40 V6 nav for a few years now. That's my second one, the first one was the 4 cylinders. This new one is much better, unfortunately got serious problem with it after only one year.

Thanks!
I got an engine broken at 106k km, one valve broke. I bought it a bit more than a year before, it 80k km. Nissan told me that it is 'my' problem and they can fix it for 25.000 €!
I have been advised to change the engine with a second hand one. The expert that did the analysis found one (an abroad 'recycling' company specialized in that), I sent the pickup and it became worse and worse because they couldn't find out how to connect correctly the engine back in the car. After several months I could get it back ... just to realize how catastrophic the job was... to make a long story short, I'm still trying to find out and fix all problems they have created... about 100 parts were missing or broken (some were just screws, other much more important like the oil cooler, radiator, expansion tank, fuel return valve, ...)
A very nice experience ;-)

Screenshot_20220428-110341_Google.jpg

Sorry to hear of your experience.
i think that price for just a fix is just criminal.. that price would have probally nearly bought my navara brand new:confused3:
If we are talking of the diesel v6, the stories I've heard from a few people are similar and the reason is no suitable replacement parts

Yes it is the V6 diesel (V9X) and some parts cannot be ordered separately like piston. But the worse thing is that Nissan considers it is normal that an engine brakes at 105 000 km while the maintenance was done correctly

I doubt that Nissan thinks it's normal, it's more like the dealer who you're asking about it is trying to remove liability for it, because the V9X engine isn't the cheapest thing in the car to replace.

If you've done the correct servicing and it's still within warranty you should press the dealer harder about it.

I went to the dealer for them to told me they cannot do anything on their own and I have to contact Nissan. I opened a complain at Nissan. When I had their service on phone after a long discussion I asked them if they consider that failure as normal and they told me "I don't know" and that they can do nothing for me, I would have to go to the dealer and see what they can do. Back to beginning. In total this took almost a year of discussion with expert and so on. At the end of the day the only thing I could expect is 10% off of the 25.000 € repair cost. Because the car had more than 100.000 km and more than 3 years. At the end they have even requested money for keeping the car in the garage.

Did you hear a lot of people having a V9X engine broken like that? I bought this model especially because the dealer told they never break ... for at the end telling me it is just bad luck for me.

Haven't heard of a lot of valve failures in any of the Nissan engines. We've had a couple of people describe issues with the main bearings of the V9X and one person made what I considered a quite reasonable observation that the main crankshaft bearings might be too narrow* (which increases pressure and risk of wear/damage).

That's not to say that YD25 owners haven't had problems with valves hitting pistons - but that's been a result of timing chains letting go which I've never heard of with the V9X.

* I can understand why the bearings are narrower - it reduces the crankshaft length, which shortens the motor. It does cause an increase in pressure per square cm on the bearings themselves. In a couple of cases this may have been the cause of a damaged crankshaft.

Back