Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skidmark

Reaction score
Hi every one, i have just joined the forum, i live in Scotland and have just bought a 08 NavaraD40 after years of owning Land Rovers, and Rangers, not going well up to now.
The truck looked in good nic when i purchased it, bought it on Christmas eve, parked it up over the holidays, didn't need it over the holidays, so didn't give it much attention, so when i went back to it after about two weeks, i was horrified to find the tub had broken out in rust bubbles, must have been tarted up for sale, gutted. Skidmark!!!!

Welcome to the forum!

It's possible that the previous owner had a tub liner. These generally scuff paint and they may have removed it, noticed the paint missing and gave it a quick coat without too much prepping. It may not be serious - sand some of it back and take a look. Chances are you'll be able to clear it easily, then use a good rust-inhibiting primer followed by a couple of good top coats.

Don't stop there: once you're happy that you've treated all the rust, spray on some thick vinyl rubber paint, over here in Australia it's called "Rhino Liner", it sprays on a few mm thick and protects the tub from those small impacts that might otherwise chip paint (like dropping tools etc, it won't stop the Hogwarts Express from making a mess of it).

Latest posts

Back