new member. My d40 lost speed passing a b-double road train

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketrhondda

Reaction score
Hi
We recently bought a 2007 Navara Dual Cab when we moved to the outback . It was very well looked after. Driving from Brisbane to Tambo I went to pass a road train and half way past it, the engine started loosing power and slowing down. I had my foot to the floor and nothing. Absolutely terrifying going from 110 to nothing on a highway. I was told that this is an issue that Navara seems to have. Is it and if so what causes it. I can't drive it out of town now as I am scared it will happen again. We have an awesome mechanic in town and I want to tell him what it might be.

do you have an iDrive fitted? If they are not in auto mode or turned off, they can be activated by high UHF interference when you or a large unit (the rig you were passing ) hit transmitt and there are any loose wires from your UHF output to aerial. Check the input/output connections at the back of your UHF. Had me baffled for days a few years ago when I had bought a 2nd hand D22 and luckily spoke to the right guy who had heard of the problem before.

do you have an iDrive fitted? If they are not in auto mode or turned off, they can be activated by high UHF interference when you or a large unit (the rig you were passing ) hit transmitt and there are any loose wires from your UHF output to aerial. Check the input/output connections at the back of your UHF. Had me baffled for days a few years ago when I had bought a 2nd hand D22 and luckily spoke to the right guy who had heard of the problem before.
I don't know. I will ask the man I bought it from. Thank you so much. This might be the thing. So grateful you have this advice.

Hi
We recently bought a 2007 Navara Dual Cab when we moved to the outback . It was very well looked after. Driving from Brisbane to Tambo I went to pass a road train and half way past it, the engine started loosing power and slowing down. I had my foot to the floor and nothing. Absolutely terrifying going from 110 to nothing on a highway. I was told that this is an issue that Navara seems to have. Is it and if so what causes it. I can't drive it out of town now as I am scared it will happen again. We have an awesome mechanic in town and I want to tell him what it might be.
I have a 2013 Nissan D40 4WD and mine used to do that just after I had planted my foot to go up a hill. It must be a sticky fuel controler and when I looked on google a bloke recommended using FuelDoctor . I put in 500mls into a full tank and it fixed it. But the engine will still die if I forget to put 100 mls into the tank every now and again. Supper cheap sell it. Try it a friend was quoted $4000 to get the injector pump overhauled the Fuel doctor is about $56 so a lot cheaper

Do you know how many kms are on the fuel filter?
When your foot is flat you're asking for maximum fuel supply. Sometimes when a f/f is full of crap they will allow enough fuel through at partial load, but cannot flow enough at high load.
This scenario might trigger a fuel related fault code too. Is the CEL on?
It also explains why many people see an improvement after a bottle of fuel treatment/injector cleaner is added (which is a band aid).

Could be crap in the fuel tank that gets sucked up against the pick up when you give it the berries?
But again, I'd expect that to trigger a fault code relating to fuel pressure or similar.

It's possible your accelerator pedal assembly is faulty. There's a transducer in the pedal box that sends a variable electrical signal to the ECU/fuel pump to communicate your right foots' wishes.
(also, see above re iDrive malfunction)

Might also be a large loss of boost pressure from the t/c...
Sometimes the hot side hose can split. Apparently it makes a pretty awful sound though.
Check all the intake hoses and intercooler for splits, holes, loose clamps.
Does it have a boost gauge by chance?

I think Old Tony knows something about a loss of boost pressure when the neutral position switch fails. This can be intermittent too I believe. I'm sure he'll chime in with good info soon...

Back