New member/long time lurker

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RushtonW13

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've had my Navara for a while and this forum has helped me out quite a bit so far but I can't seem to find an answer to a fault code issue I have.
EML is on and the codes are 238 (boost sensor) and 113 (MAF).
If I use electrical contact cleaner on the MAF sensor the EML goes off for a couple of days then comes back so I'm guessing the MAF is faulty. My question is if I replace the MAF will that fix the boost sensor issue aswell.
Engine idles and runs fine but power is slightly lacking.
(I'll post this in the correct forum too)
Thanks.

Welcome aboard.

The MAFS are fairly hardy as long as they're not treated poorly (sticking things in the hole, dropping them, getting them wet). The boost sensor is the same - hardly ever hear of any issues with either of these items.

First thing I'd suggest is cleaning the battery terminals and check the fusible links, and the battery negative connection to the engine block. If your car is around the 2011-2014 era (roughly) I'd also try looking at the earth point for the ECU - some cars they didn't take off enough paint leaving a sporadic connection (made the ECU earth through other circuits, caused havoc) and others the surface oxidised (same results).

Latest posts

Back