New D22 Owner from SA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampyPom

Reaction score
Hi all, just picked up a 2012 YD25 D22 dual cab ST-R with tray last week.
Just got some new tyres fitted (Toyo Open Country ATII), new drivers door card and fixed a leaky overflow coolant pipe from the rad to the expansion tank.
Can anyone give any pointers on anything to check while I’ve got an extra day with dry weather this long weekend?
Car will be doing some farm work plus getting me down the freeway every day to work in the city, do they normally rev so high (3,000 rpm) at around 110kmh?

yeah i got exactly the same but 2010 with almost 400klms / its almost new because i have replaced half the car / i dont know if i hate it or love it -- worn out most things -- you need to be careful if you decide to go with a 3 inch exhaust - the turds that made mine have the dump pipe too close to the firewall and it rattles on the firewall sometimes even though we have panel beaten it a bit but its in an awkward place ,in hind site i would have gone 2 1/2 inch but the car runs cooler which is great / the timing chain is a big money thing - i have a twin row chain from the states tooo much stuff done to this vehicle to write it all down

yeah i got exactly the same but 2010 with almost 400klms / its almost new because i have replaced half the car / i dont know if i hate it or love it -- worn out most things -- you need to be careful if you decide to go with a 3 inch exhaust - the turds that made mine have the dump pipe too close to the firewall and it rattles on the firewall sometimes even though we have panel beaten it a bit but its in an awkward place ,in hind site i would have gone 2 1/2 inch but the car runs cooler which is great / the timing chain is a big money thing - i have a twin row chain from the states tooo much stuff done to this vehicle to write it all down
I have two with 3" pipes on them and both were too close to the firewall, pretty hard to see how they could not be but the previous owner tapped the pipe in and when I swapped the system from another to the one it's in now I pushed the firewall back which was the easiest.
Of the three D22's here all had crook rear mounts which allows the drive train to move back and down on the soft front mounts and also I think the body mounts to chassis must be a weak point as all were in different stages of breakdown which allows the body to move forward, one had worn the chassis mounting plates oval, moved the body back at least 25mm.
Those 8 rubbers are dearer than an exhaust system $500+.
Re the revs, am pretty sure mine doesn't do 3k at 110 but will check next time it's on the road but not a problem as mostly not doing much over 100klms/hr and usually much less.

I have two with 3" pipes on them and both were too close to the firewall, pretty hard to see how they could not be but the previous owner tapped the pipe in and when I swapped the system from another to the one it's in now I pushed the firewall back which was the easiest.
Of the three D22's here all had crook rear mounts which allows the drive train to move back and down on the soft front mounts and also I think the body mounts to chassis must be a weak point as all were in different stages of breakdown which allows the body to move forward, one had worn the chassis mounting plates oval, moved the body back at least 25mm.
Those 8 rubbers are dearer than an exhaust system $500+.
Re the revs, am pretty sure mine doesn't do 3k at 110 but will check next time it's on the road but not a problem as mostly not doing much over 100klms/hr and usually much less.
now that you have mentioned the chassis mounting plates i will have a look at mine - i have cracked the body around these plates and most of the entire front of the vehicle as well so lets see

Latest posts

Back