Never get to drive it enough...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiftyNev

Reaction score
Hi guys,
This isn't my first post here now, but close to it. Thought I should say hi.
I bought my 2004 STR back in 2009, and it managed to remain standard for the first few months, took it from Tas to move up to the Northwest.

First mod, and with a bit of googling and managing to find this site, which has been on the bookmarks ever since, was the 2"suspension lift and shocks, with extended rear shackle..
From there, as I am sure it did for most of you, it all snow balled..:big_smile:
Now it has body lift, canopy that I painted up, dual battery, winch, HID headlights, 180L custom steel fuel tank to suit the body lift, 2 1/2'" high flow exhaust, 265/75 Goodyear MTZ Kevlar tyres, overhead console with UHF, 7"touch screen GPS/DVD etc etc bluetooth thingy, inverter, ARB fridge, compressor, Sony split system with 4ch Amp, AP Cruise control with gearknob controller, turbo timer, remote central locking and immobiliser, reversing camera, and... well.. maybe more .. I can't think of them at the moment. haha.

I guess its true that once you pop you cant stop.... But so far the ute has done a full lap of the country with me, right thru the kimberly, up thru the Gulf, into central QLD and now its made it back to tassie after it lived in Port Hedland for a couple of year. So at least I have managed to make the most of the mod's I have already done.

But now I am working overseas, and spending longer here than I do at home, I don't get to drive it as much. But it hasnt stopped the internet shopping it seems.

Projects lined up for when I get home:
EGR/Butterfly mod
Intercooler (sourced from wreckers..)
Oil Catchcan
Replace broken parts.. speedo sensor, antenna etc.
Fit Cleanable airfilter (Uni Filter)
Remove precleaner
I am sure I can find more too.. can't wait to get a ChipIt Chip when they get one for the Direct injections models.

Oh... and then I have all the parts I have on order for my motorbike.. :cheers!: I am going to be spending a bit of time in the shed.. my avourite place to be....

Thanks for reading.. :rock:

sound like a real beast. I certainly know the feeling of not being able to drive enough.

I do, but unfortunately not on this little notebook I have for travelling. Plus the little jungle bunny out pedalling the bike that powers this internet here can't pedal fast enough for pics unfortunately. And hes such a nice guy that it would seem a shame to give him a heart attack. Would be faster to send pics via boat mail at the moment. When I get back to aus I will try and get some up.. shes not really very pretty, it does look a little like its been used for what its meant to be used for.. :) which is the way I like it. If it was too shiny I would be a little to precious about taking it all the places I like taking it...

Latest posts

Back