Need to replace front speaker - what size? - solved

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxtrot16

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping someone can assist - I need to replace the front driver's side speaker that is located in the door and was wonder what size it is.

I have done some searching but can't find an answer, so any assistance would be good (y)

Thanks in advance :)

I found it it 6 x 9 oval speakers :)

Karl

Last edited:
Hey, do you know if these speaker sizes are for the 2007/08 spanish version of the D40? I

I'm about to replace the front speakers, and assume they're 6 x 9 Ovals.
did mine literally a week ago.

6x9's will slot in perfectly with no mods.

The rears are different, they are 6.5 but come in there own housing. I replaced mine and just made new screw holes to hold them into the door. When you open the back doors, you'll know what I mean.

Worthwhile upgrade as the speakers are paper cone.

I doubt Nissan changed speaker sizes, but removing the door trim was super EASY if you want to check.

Mine is a 13' VSK.

did mine literally a week ago.

6x9's will slot in perfectly with no mods.

The rears are different, they are 6.5 but come in there own housing. I replaced mine and just made new screw holes to hold them into the door. When you open the back doors, you'll know what I mean.

Worthwhile upgrade as the speakers are paper cone.

I doubt Nissan changed speaker sizes, but removing the door trim was super EASY if you want to check.

Mine is a 13' VSK.
Cheers for that. I was hesitating doing the rip the door panels off and was going to get a sparky to wire em in ... but maybe i'll give it a go, seeings i'm only doing the front doors.

Cheers for that. I was hesitating doing the rip the door panels off and was going to get a sparky to wire em in ... but maybe i'll give it a go, seeings i'm only doing the front doors.
Just crimp on some female spade connectors to the factory wiring or solder the wires directly.

The only hard thing about it is finding the + and - for the speakers.

No matter where I looked, no online forum or any schematics matched my wiring colours.

I kept on playing with the wiring till the sound was right and the speakers weren't out of phase.

Even the video tutorials on removing the door skin didn't match, but the R51 pathfinder tutorial was the same as my door skin.

My 2007 front speakers are in.
Such an easy job getting the door trims on and off, thanks to this quick video:

Speaker wires are "red is + drivers" and "green is + passenger" sides. You'll need to cut the wires as they have a weird plug on em.

Had to cut away a bit of the plastic mould that the speakers sit in, but that was easy, as it unscrews from the door frame and is easy to cut & trim up.

And the rest was easy.

6 x 9's. The speakers in the image are the original 20W speakers.

Attachments

• photo_2024-04-11_11-11-39.jpg
    photo_2024-04-11_11-11-39.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2024-04-11_11-11-42.jpg
    photo_2024-04-11_11-11-42.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2024-04-11_11-11-46.jpg
    photo_2024-04-11_11-11-46.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2024-04-11_11-11-50.jpg
    photo_2024-04-11_11-11-50.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2024-04-11_11-11-55.jpg
    photo_2024-04-11_11-11-55.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2024-04-11_11-11-57.jpg
    photo_2024-04-11_11-11-57.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 0
G
My 2007 front speakers are in.
Such an easy job getting the door trims on and off, thanks to this quick video:

Speaker wires are "red is + drivers" and "green is + passenger" sides. You'll need to cut the wires as they have a weird plug on em.

Had to cut away a bit of the plastic mould that the speakers sit in, but that was easy, as it unscrews from the door frame and is easy to cut & trim up.

And the rest was easy.

6 x 9's. The speakers in the image are the original 20W speakers.

Great job mate,

But.. exactly what I was saying, I had no red wires anywhere in my D40 :)

Purple, Blue, Green, and I think Yellow.

It's like Nissan just picked whatever they had lying around

Latest posts

Back