Need Help/Car Playing up after river crossing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lachy1122345

Reaction score
Hey guys so today i was driving to work and went through a overflowing river, i went a good pace but slowed down a lot once in it

straight after my car squeakled pretty sure it was the fan belt but

straight after the squeal my car felt like it lost all power ect then i pulled over turn car off and on pressed to drive off and car wouldnt go above 1000rpm bearly moved
after a bit of turning on/off it started normally and drove normally

can anyone tell me what it could have been

Likely as not the ECU detected some readings that were outside of normal parameters and sent the engine into limp mode to protect it.
Also worth checking the air filter isn't wet.

Likely as not the ECU detected some readings that were outside of normal parameters and sent the engine into limp mode to protect it.
Also worth checking the air filter isn't wet.
yeah I have a feeling water got insides a wire for the swirl mod as i have brown plug disconnected

Hey guys so today i was driving to work and went through a overflowing river, i went a good pace but slowed down a lot once in it

straight after my car squeakled pretty sure it was the fan belt but

straight after the squeal my car felt like it lost all power ect then i pulled over turn car off and on pressed to drive off and car wouldnt go above 1000rpm bearly moved
after a bit of turning on/off it started normally and drove normally

can anyone tell me what it could have been
The squeaking is probably the fan belt, it's normal. Mine does it if I go through a deep puddle lol.

Had something similar happen after a particularly deep crossing once. Exited crossing with engine light on and car in limp mode. What happened was the plug to the fuel pump (on side of intake manifold) didn't seal very well and got some muddy river water in it. A quick spray and clean out with wd40 and all good again.

So it might have been some water in a plug as you say that sorted itself out?

Last edited:
ps. how did the number plate go?

Counter intuitively (as you would think the flow direction/force would squash them inwards) people often find the number plate bent straight out after deepish crossings lol. Seems particularly so with factory alloy bullbar. Have seen them actually ripped off the car if not secured well.

Latest posts

Back