Navigating digital D22 Workshop Manual

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorb

Reaction score
Hi,

My brain hurts... Hoping someone point me to the correct supplement of the digital workshop manual for details of YD25 engine.

I downloaded the workshop manual that is available online, including all the supplements. Working through that, particularly the maintenance section, I thought it must have been the wrong model as I couldn't find description of YD25 motor. I bought one online and it appears to be the same one (D'oh!)

Anyway, just as an example, I'm looking for info on adjusting valve clearance on 2010 D22 ST-R YD25 engine. Looking under maintenance, it has details of :
KA, NA, Z, QD & TD engines. So presumably, I was looking for YD and no reference (unless in one of the numerous supplements).

Then I thought, maybe these are Nissan codes and different, thinking TD might stand for Turbo Diesel, NA Naturally Aspirated, Z obviously Z30, and KA and QD something I couldn't work out. Going to the TD section, definitely refers to a diesel, but then I noticed reference to TD27 and QD32. A quick talk to my good friend Mr Google, reveals TD and QD engines are their own codes. I should have known as I previously owned a TD42t.

Anyway, so I am guessing I need to address one of the supplements for the YD25. I can't seem to find it and I grow weary looking. If anyone has already worked this out, can you tell me which supplement I am looking for?

Thanks

Hi,

My brain hurts... Hoping someone point me to the correct supplement of the digital workshop manual for details of YD25 engine.

I downloaded the workshop manual that is available online, including all the supplements. Working through that, particularly the maintenance section, I thought it must have been the wrong model as I couldn't find description of YD25 motor. I bought one online and it appears to be the same one (D'oh!)

Anyway, just as an example, I'm looking for info on adjusting valve clearance on 2010 D22 ST-R YD25 engine. Looking under maintenance, it has details of :
KA, NA, Z, QD & TD engines. So presumably, I was looking for YD and no reference (unless in one of the numerous supplements).

Then I thought, maybe these are Nissan codes and different, thinking TD might stand for Turbo Diesel, NA Naturally Aspirated, Z obviously Z30, and KA and QD something I couldn't work out. Going to the TD section, definitely refers to a diesel, but then I noticed reference to TD27 and QD32. A quick talk to my good friend Mr Google, reveals TD and QD engines are their own codes. I should have known as I previously owned a TD42t.

Anyway, so I am guessing I need to address one of the supplements for the YD25. I can't seem to find it and I grow weary looking. If anyone has already worked this out, can you tell me which supplement I am looking for?

Thanks
AND OF COURSE 5 minutes later I find it... For anyone else looking for the details of YD25 engine, it is in the supplement:
Supplement VI 1st Revision Volume 1

Regards

Last edited:
That guide is a pain in the arse. You will forget the correct supplements and have to hunt again next time😁
I know right!!!
If you get hold of the free downloaded version, I discovered you can 'rename" the folders if you store them on a PC. When I can be shagged, I 'm gonna go thru mine and rename them all.
The whole manual though, is still lacking in detail or consistency. I'm still trying to find out the process of how to check the valve clearance on a YD25. I can find it on the TD and QD, but not the YD.
:rant:

Back