Navara D40 wind deflectors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skourias

Reaction score
Hi guys,internal vs external wind deflectors. What's your favourite?
Regards.

Internal i mean the deflectors which you install them between the window glass and the sealing rubber...
External with the 3M tape...

Attachments

• Heko.jpg
    Heko.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 17
I've only used what you call external and only on my current Navara. The two reasons I chose that style were that I wanted clear, rather than tinted, and they were cheap. Despite mine being just about the cheapest ones I could find on eBay, I've had no trouble and really can't fault them. They do the job I bought them for, which is all I can ask of them.

I did remove them when my brother repainted much of the cabin for me (because the original Nissan paint fell off when I used a high-pressure cleaner). They were reattached using the same 3M adhesive tape as what came on them originally, also purchased from eBay.

Well I dont have a view on which type is best but I have tinted ones on my D22 and I find that added to the pillar and the mirror I have a huge blind spot there I have crane my head around to see particularly at round abouts.

And for other readers of this I'm still seeking views on the ' Makita' of shock absorber brands.

Decent quality but not necessary Festool or Hilti level.

Wind deflectors..All they do is make extra wind noise.

Actually if you smoke and drive, they will allow the smoke to blow away and you can flick the butts out of the window without them blowing back in. That's the only use.

^ Please don't flick your butts out the window, particularly in grassy or bush settings.

Driving past Parliament House Canberra go for it, you can burn those bastards all you like, but them little furry drop bears that eat eucalyptus leaves need to be protected so they can drop on unsuspecting American tourists and suck the blood out of them.

As for the OP's question ... mine are external. I've learned to live with the wind noise, I've also got a roof rack that can't be heard with the stereo going either.

Interesting. I've noticed absolutely no extra wind noise since fitting mine. That might be just because it's drowned out by wind noise coming from things like the bullbar, lights, roof rack, etc. Regardless, the benefits outweigh any minor downsides.

Just to elaborate on Old.Tony's answer; In my opinion, it's perfectly acceptable, even preferable, to flick your butts out the window at any parliament house but nowhere else. Those of us living in bushfire-prone areas tend to get a little sensitive about that and I for one have put out more than a few roadside fires started by cigarette butts. Also, I'm one of those pricks that will report you if I see you do it.

^ Please don't flick your butts out the window, particularly in grassy or bush settings.

Driving past Parliament House Canberra go for it, you can burn those bastards all you like, but them little furry drop bears that eat eucalyptus leaves need to be protected so they can drop on unsuspecting American tourists and suck the blood out of them.

As for the OP's question ... mine are external. I've learned to live with the wind noise, I've also got a roof rack that can't be heard with the stereo going either.
I was being flippant with the cigarette butts, something you shouldn't do whether in a forest fire risk country or not!

Latest posts

Back