Navara d40 stalling after start up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molloy

Reaction score
Hi there i have a navara d40 and when i go to start it in the mornings it starts then drops revs and stalls. It then takes some time to start again but once it does it requires some revs then its fine for the rest of the day. I have changed air filter, fuel filter and oil filter problem stopped for a while then came back. Thinking its got to do with either air getting in the fuel line or fuel draining back to the tank not keeping the filter primed?
Cheers

Yep, sounds like an air leak to me too. What type of fuel filter has yours got on it? If it has the spin on type (a bit like an oil filter) did you lubricate the o ring on the top before fitting it? Also, I believe some of the members on here have had trouble with the o ring around the water sensor leaking and causing the same trouble you're having, so that's worth a look too.

Thanks for that, yeah it is a spin on and i did lubricate the top seal with diesel but may check it. I am using a ryco aftermarket fuel filter.

I had a problem with mine because the water sensor wasn't clicked all the way into place, same symptoms.

First things first though - don't start the car tomorrow morning.

Pop the bonnet first, and prime the fuel system. It should only take 4-5 squeezes to get the bulb firm. If it takes more, then I suggest keep pumping - and look for the leak. The fuel system around the filter is a low pressure area, and rarely shows a leak. It just lets air into the system. Pressurise it with the primer and you'll find the leak.

If you DO try to start it and it runs out of fuel, know that the fuel pump - $4K from Nissan, if they have any left - relies on the fuel being present to lubricate the pump.

Latest posts

Back