NAVARA CUTTING OUT AT 3000 RPM

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ Kingpin

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Im new to the forum but I have a question. I have a 2007 auto Navara Aventura 86000 miles. sometimes when I accelerate and its gone past 3000 rpm, the revs suddenly cut out. if I step on the accelerator, the van moves forward with a hard jerky pulse as if something is not engaging. however if I put the transmission into N or P and then back into D it drives normal again. Any thoughts on this intermittent issue?

found this in this forum
Hi everyone hope someone can help when accelerating my 07 D40 when I reach 3000 RPM the engine looses RPM down to very low RPM but does not cut out if I switch off ignition and restart Engine it will drive normally again unless I reach the 3000 again and it will do just the same.

Had the same problem at 98000km, after analysis it seemed to be the fuel pressure sensor. Brought it in and was dealt with for about 200 euro's. The point where it cuts out is the limp mode indeed. Just a safe mode not to spoil your engine.

It's a typical SCV problem. On a couple of occasions, leaving the fuel cap loose (not tightened all the way down, maybe left about halfway in) has relieved it. Another symptom is that the idle is not smooth, but you can hear the engine doing little surges.

If that sounds like your problem, fuel injector cleaning products may help and they're a cheap fix - they'll also never hurt! There are two that I trust to use, both by Liqui Moly. The first is a "add to the tank" product, "Fuel System Treatment" which works for petrol and diesels. When my engine started that idle-hunting, I used a bottle of this in my tank (admittedly I only had about 30 litres left in there) and drove it - after about 100km there was a distinct improvement, and the problem was gone after 200km.

The other product is their "Diesel Purge". This is a little more complicated because you have to disconnect fuel hoses from the filter and run this directly through the system, but it's really very intensive and does an excellent job. It's been used by quite a few members of this forum in the past and there are videos of the procedure - like this one.

Neither product will cause any damage to the engine, and while they might not fixx a damaged SCV, they'll clean a dirty one and clean your injectors as well, so no harm done and might fix the problem.

Of course, it might not be a dirty SCV, which could be damaged and need replacing anyway, or the problem is in some other part of the system - like a possible fuel starvation issue, or a failing turbocharger. Have you noticed any smoke while this is happening, and what colour is it, if any?

this is called the safe mode. am not sure about the exact name of this mode.

but you need to install a new software and cancel this mode and remove the dpf from the exhaust (if it is legal in your country)

It's a typical SCV problem. On a couple of occasions, leaving the fuel cap loose (not tightened all the way down, maybe left about halfway in) has relieved it. Another symptom is that the idle is not smooth, but you can hear the engine doing little surges.

If that sounds like your problem, fuel injector cleaning products may help and they're a cheap fix - they'll also never hurt! There are two that I trust to use, both by Liqui Moly. The first is a "add to the tank" product, "Fuel System Treatment" which works for petrol and diesels. When my engine started that idle-hunting, I used a bottle of this in my tank (admittedly I only had about 30 litres left in there) and drove it - after about 100km there was a distinct improvement, and the problem was gone after 200km.

The other product is their "Diesel Purge". This is a little more complicated because you have to disconnect fuel hoses from the filter and run this directly through the system, but it's really very intensive and does an excellent job. It's been used by quite a few members of this forum in the past and there are videos of the procedure - like this one.

Neither product will cause any damage to the engine, and while they might not fixx a damaged SCV, they'll clean a dirty one and clean your injectors as well, so no harm done and might fix the problem.

Of course, it might not be a dirty SCV, which could be damaged and need replacing anyway, or the problem is in some other part of the system - like a possible fuel starvation issue, or a failing turbocharger. Have you noticed any smoke while this is happening, and what colour is it, if any?

there isn't any smoke when it does it..a jerky movement develops... like it will try to accelerate and something will cut it down... so the rpm pulses between 1500&1800 up and down ..

Back