my doors lock automatically

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaz000

Reaction score
hi guys. is there any way to disable the automatic door locking in the navara. twice now i have locked my keys inside. i have unlocked the door with the remote , put the key in the ignition and then closed the door to do something and it locks itself. i thought it only did that if you didnt open the door after unlocking with the remote. is the automatic bit faulty or am i doing it wrong.

Doesn't sound right. Mine re-locks if door not opened within a certain time of unlocking via remote, ok if opened.
Having said that, I'm always wary of the re-lock function, and if I do as you described, I open the drivers window - just in case!

hi guys. is there any way to disable the automatic door locking in the navara. twice now i have locked my keys inside. i have unlocked the door with the remote , put the key in the ignition and then closed the door to do something and it locks itself. i thought it only did that if you didnt open the door after unlocking with the remote. is the automatic bit faulty or am i doing it wrong.
what ute have you got?
do you have an aftermarket car alarm installed?

Doesn't sound right. Mine re-locks if door not opened within a certain time of unlocking via remote, ok if opened.
Having said that, I'm always wary of the re-lock function, and if I do as you described, I open the drivers window - just in case!
Yeah think i will do the same from now on. Might get an auto electrician to have a look at it

what ute have you got?
do you have an aftermarket car alarm installed?
It's a 2009 d40, have had it for a few months but only use it for camping really . First time it happened thought it might have just been some sort of glitch in the electrical system. Didnt even realize it had this feature as it didnt come with an owners manual. Second time i did some research And realised what was happening. No it has no after market alarm on it

check the key switch (i assume it has one). this is the switch that trips when you insert a key.

I have the exact same car. If I unlock the door and don't open it, it will relock after about a couple of minutes. Here's the bit from the service manual:

Auto Re-lock Function
The BCM is equipped with an auto re-lock function, when no further user action occurs after an full or partial
unlock, the doors will automatically re-lock after 2 minutes (default value).
The auto re-lock function will not be activated under the following state.
Key switch is On
Mechanical key is inserted
Any door is opened
NOTE:
The 2 minutes timer of auto re-lock will be reset if unlock button from the key fob is pressed.
Auto relock function can be changed using “WORK SUPPORT” mode in “AUTO LOCK SET”.
Refer to BL-56, "Work Support" .

So there should be no relocking if you've opened a door. I would check that the car responds to that door being opened (interior light comes on) - it might just be the door switch is faulty.

twice i unlocked the car and only opened a back door, left the keys on the back seat and then it self locked. also, once i had the car idling, accidently hit the lock button and hopped out and it stayed locked. about an hour fishing with fence wire, and i finally got in!
this is why i had a blank key cut, and is now hiding under the car.

It certainly was a problem with the 2005 to 2010 D40. (Spanish)

If you have a door open and press the the lock button inadvertently, when you shut the door it locks. If the keys are inside when you shut the door (maybe 10 minutes later) then....

Latest posts

Back