My DIY Ball Join Spacers :)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugh_h

Reaction score
Some of my mates that got terranos asked me to do for them ball joint spacers as its the cheapest lift option for IFS. its the same for terrano I and II and D21, basically spacer reduces too negative camber when cranking bars, also gives some more wheel travel
I raised the challenge,
IMO any more then 2" lift using ball joint spacers does not make sense so I went for 2" lift which means 1" thick spacer
.... after some tests
8.jpg

and I have them ready made from coloured anodized aluminium :)
c3.jpg

c8.jpg

some of them already are on the road, mates are happy and it seems that stock shocks are doing fine with longer travel

as opposite to the ones I seen in shops mine has flange to keep them in place, and a cap to kip dirt out, and groove to drain any water

some guys asked for smaller ones as they use car mostly on-road so I made smaller steel ones for 1" lift
bjs12-1.jpg

as usual more info on my web
http://translate.google.pl/translate?hl=pl&sl=pl&tl=en&prev=_dd&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhcd-customdevices.pl%2Findex.php%2Fmotoryzacja%2Fnissan-pickup%2F72-podkladki-do-liftu-przedniego-zawieszenia-50mm-2

so what do you think ? is that fine?

Last edited:
I'm not really making production of those, may do one from time to time but have no idea what would be shipment cost I'm from Poland it's quite away :)
Spacer is only for D21, Wd21, R20 or anything that has the same ball joint.
D40 UCA BJ is completely different - have no idea how to fit spacer there

im pretty sure they have these in america for the old chev pick ups and hilux's have them as well... i've seen these on the frontier site but havent seen any made for d22's

D22 UCA is almost like D40, putting spacer be quit tricky, it's not the "old way" where BJ is fixed to UCA by 3 or 4 bolts, but by one with same tapper.
however it seems to me that UCA form d21 wd21 or r20 should fit with no problems :)

will have to check but D22 won't work because torsion is on the bottom arm and the ball joint is fitted the wrong way for it to work.
it works well on the hilux because torsion is on top bar and the ball joint is bolted on the right side for it to work.

it does not work the way you think it does ...
on all nissans torsion bar is on LCA ..

spacer does not give lift itself - it just lets you to set the right camber and caster when you crank tbars more then stock, and also gives more wheel travel.

basically spacer is needed for IFS where UCA is shorter than LCA and you want to crank tbars

ok, its just for angle correction rather than lift which we do with hilux.
having said that, what correction is needed? never heard of anyone with 2" lift requiring any correction.

some off-road folks don't bother about camber but most our cars need to keep on-road performance

so when you crank tbar wheels go /-------\ if you want back to normal |------| you need to add a lots of adjusting shims under the bolts near frame or use spacer. more then couple mm of adjusting shims is bad. in d22 there is no adjusting shims but eccentric bolts so you have more narrowed regulation.

spacer does exactly the same as special UCA as calmini or so - but cheaper :)

again about pics at very first post, that's really strange, I've asked my admin wtf is going on... and it seems that people from some particular countries can't see stuff on my website, do you have some kind of error or just 'file doesn't exist'?
please try to visit www.hcd-customdevices.pl and tell my what do you see. thanks.

best be if you PM me with error, platform browser and your location [email protected]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back