my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spent the best part of the day reading this great thread josh u awesome bloke.
How did you find the body lift?? Relative easy eh?? I put a 3inch body lift in my 06d22. Milled up the ali tubing at work drilled out the holes. The only thing i had to do was undo some hose clamps in the engine bay and not another thing.i even made my own bolts because i couldn’t find anyone to sell me the high tensile ones i needed.
The rear bar i likle what you have done. I have also inverted the towbar for better clearance. Atm ive only got a 35 and twein jerry holders on there and they serve me well.
I had 31s and a 2inch sus lift. Then jumped to a 4inch lift with 35in centerpedes. Self fasbricated upper arms and 4inch rear shackles.
Plans also are to do the sas bild ive already got a patrol front cut for $400. Lol the people you know
You know what ill post all this to my build lol. Myd22 by snoopy

Keep up the great work mate

Put in a brace over the motor...not happy with it tho..
PA260110.jpg

i would have put a plate on the outside of each then put a diagonal brace back to the fire wall. but looks good from here mate

if your talkin bout the noise in some of the videos, then yeah transfer chain. Another one to the list. Throw your transfer away and get a D21 transfer

the sound thats sounds like a CV clicking???? i just replaced my tranfer case. noise went away then came back after i put 35s and did a serious hill.
now under 12 months im on my 2nd transfer case. pulling apart tranny one, seeing whats what, put reduction gears in it and see how i go fro there

Thanks snoopy. The brace over the engine has survived many a roll, although one caused it to flex a little and hit the brake master cylinder.
The noise was definitely the chain, my cvs didn't last long enough to click. Reduction gears didn't help. Get rid of the tx10 case sooner rather then later. I drove on a stretched chain until it snapped, but it then locked up in the case and we had to remove it on the side of the track.

Finally got the last piece of the driveline!.

Going to be a short rear tailshaft to keep it at 112"

Nav motor should sell this week and then the strip down of that will start. Progress will be more constant now hopefully.

I remember your first posts on this Nav when it was a brand spanker. Big mods been done since. All those early mods were a big deal at the time but you must look back now and see how much you have learnt and how far you have come with modifying 4x4's. Look forward to seeing this chapter come together. Cheers

Last edited:
Yea there were a lot of little steps... The first set of sliders were a huge struggle between not knowing what I was doing and having the correct gear to do the job.

First H233 independent centre??

sitting inside vitara rails

Front centre position and most probable motor position in rails. looks like with low pinion it will just sit low enough to allow the tailshaft to run under the front of the motor.

keep stripping

Nearly there

over 60m of hydraulic lines hiding underneath

nearly finished stripping

Oh man i Look forward to tuff truck You were amazing to see up there josh :)
shut a few mates up ill tell you that 'its just a navara' yea watch this

Not much of an update but an update none the less.

made up a table to build it all on so I wasn't working on the shitty pavers and ill need to tow it down the back yard to lift the cab on.

That's at ride height roughly on 43" tyres. 20" belly, 65.5" wms-wms

Back