Motor losing power when turning a corner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alray

Reaction score
Strange problem.

2011 D22 2.5 247000ks

If I turn a right hand corner at a reasonable speed the motor loses power momentarily but then returns to normal.

When it happens feels like it has lost fuel.

Doesn't seem to matter how full the tank is. Filled up yesterday & still done it this morning.

The faster a go round a corner the worse it seems to happen. If I sit to wait for traffic when turning, then take of steady doesn't seem to happen.

Haven't noticed it when turning left.

Checked the oil and it is full so probably not a low oil sensor if it has one.

Dumb as dog dodo when it comes to mechanical stuff.

Thanks for any advice of what may be causing it.

Ray

I'm struggling with this one. Let's all be honest - the very first thing I thought of was "Well, don't take off so fast then!!!" but then that's not always sensible, particularly if there's traffic you need to avoid.

I guess it's possible for the fuel pickup to have somehow adhered itself to the inside of the tank somehow, but it's very unlikely and would appear like a "delayed reaction" - if the fuel pickup sucked air during a turn, there's still a fair bit of fuel in the line and you'd go a short distance after the turn before having the engine cough.

So my thoughts turn to something electrical. Please check the battery terminals and how tight the battery is held down. Give it all a good clean and see how it goes.

i had a ea falcon ute with some fault effecting the engine , mechanic said change sensor switch on power steering rack,i thought thats weird, i changed it and all was well again

Thanks guys. Battery is fine.

I should clarify that the power loss happens after straightening & starting to accelerate

Sorry for not posting sooner.

Was advised maybe neutral position switch was to blame so disconnected but did not stop the problem.

Developed another problem where fuel would drain of overnight. So it would start as normal, run for a short time & stop, then after turning over a while would restart.

Checked bottom of fuel filter & it was leaking so probably a fault some where in there. Replaced the whole assembly & seems to have resolved both issues.

The diaphragm was probably leaking causing the issue, but I am not sure how it effected to cornering bit.

sorry i didn't see your post before.
have heard of the issue before. air gets sucked into the filter and forms a bubble and when you turn the corner the bubble moves in the filter and gets sucked through, so it starves it of fuel for a little bit.

sorry i didn't see your post before.
have heard of the issue before. air gets sucked into the filter and forms a bubble and when you turn the corner the bubble moves in the filter and gets sucked through, so it starves it of fuel for a little bit.
if vehicle has steering rack which has some sort of sensor (faulty)which is monitored through a computer, would this cause a problem

Latest posts

Back