Milage display blank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheffcrew1983

Reaction score
Hi...I bought a 2010 nissan navara over a week ago...I've just got in it and noticed the display what shows the milage and how many miles driven is blank...there is a light there but it shows no numbers...any ideas...?

Thanks

This is a component of the instrument panel itself, not governed by the ECU (because if you replace the instrument cluster, you get the km of the donor vehicle).

It might be that your instrument cluster has a fault. It might be worth just trying the connections on the back in case there's a power connection not quite working properly.

In case it's a bad earth - common problem - try adding a black wire from any major bolt under the dash to the stereo case (because the stereo and the instrument cluster share an earth). This is often the cause of instrument cluster woes!

This is a component of the instrument panel itself, not governed by the ECU (because if you replace the instrument cluster, you get the km of the donor vehicle).

It might be that your instrument cluster has a fault. It might be worth just trying the connections on the back in case there's a power connection not quite working properly.

In case it's a bad earth - common problem - try adding a black wire from any major bolt under the dash to the stereo case (because the stereo and the instrument cluster share an earth). This is often the cause of instrument cluster woes!
How do I get to this...do u know of any videos on YouTube etc that shows u how to do it...sorry I'm new to all this

I've not had to get to the back of my instrument cluster yet. It should be reachable from underneath though, there's a bit of room but you might need either thin hands or a university degree in contortionism.

You might be able to do it through the centre console - if you lift the tray above the stereo (lift the edge furthest from the windscreen with a smooth blade, a strong fingernail may do, or a plastic knife), then pull the thing backwards. Two screws will then be visible, undo these. The entire console area will then be able to pull towards the rear of the vehicle. You should then be able to reach inside towards the cluster and feel around the back.

There should be two electrical connectors on the back, just try to nudge them into place, I can't imagine why Nissan would have not used locking retainers on them but I've seen two people complain that the plugs were loose!

While you have that centre console out, add a black wire from one of the dash mount bolts underneath to the chassis of the stereo. There are 4 phillips (cross) head screws holding the stereo in, just put the wire under one of those. This should help the earth for the instrument cluster as well - just in case that was the problem.

Latest posts

Back