Metal plug on side of engine block

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
Hi Folks
can anyone tell me what the metal plug is on the front of the engine block
between the block and the alternator
thanks
great site
Scouse

Thanks for getting back so soon,just to check with you it has a hollow plug that screws into the block and then a solid plug that screws into the hollow plug is that the one you mean.
I think I have a small coolant leak from there but not sure,have you ever heard about coolant leaking from there
Scouse

Thanks for getting back so soon,just to check with you it has a hollow plug that screws into the block and then a solid plug that screws into the hollow plug is that the one you mean.
I think I have a small coolant leak from there but not sure,have you ever heard about coolant leaking from there
Scouse

if its leaking coolant, prolly just needs a nip up, or some more thread sealant.
Got some pics of it...would be good to see.

HI Folks

Just checking again as I said it goes into the side of the block but it goes into the side of the head
its a hollow plug screws into the side of the head then a bolcked plug screws into the hollow plug,why have two pieces I do not know
any ideas,and are we sure its a core plug
Scouse

I'm not sure of anything I was only guessing it was a welsh plug because I'm hunting down a welsh plug for a 1967 IH tractor and it was on my mind.

As Krankin says, got any pics? It would help more people be sure.

back home we would call that a frost plug

designed to pop out if your coolant freezes to avoid cracking the block, and there should be a series of them in most of the cooling jackets in the block

not familiar with the ones on the nav, but the ones in older cars where just a knock in and knock out, no threads,

on a side note its also where you would fit a 'block heater' (- only those of you have ever experienced -15 and below would understand) thats likely the reason for the double style plug

back home we would call that a frost plug

designed to pop out if your coolant freezes to avoid cracking the block, and there should be a series of them in most of the cooling jackets in the block

Yes, commonly called a welch plug...pressed in, not threaded

HI Folks

Just checking again as I said it goes into the side of the block but it goes into the side of the head
its a hollow plug screws into the side of the head then a bolcked plug screws into the hollow plug,why have two pieces I do not know
any ideas,and are we sure its a core plug
Scouse

did you not read the above posts??? we have read yours.

I'm not sure of anything I was only guessing it was a welsh plug because I'm hunting down a welsh plug for a 1967 IH tractor and it was on my mind.

As Krankin says, got any pics? It would help more people be sure.

gimme some pics:tazzy::tazzy::tazzy: gimme, gimme, gimme.

So where is the best place to buy a 1 and 3/16 inch plug, they obviously don't need to be manufacturer specific but they need to be in one piece and the one I have is no longer in that condition.

So where is the best place to buy a 1 and 3/16 inch plug, they obviously don't need to be manufacturer specific but they need to be in one piece and the one I have is no longer in that condition.

repco.....
or
bursons

supaCRAP, for starters

Yeah I thought that too, but Repco are friggen useless and reckon they've never seen one that large. Bursons will be the next bet early in the week.

Yeah I thought that too, but Repco are friggen useless and reckon they've never seen one that large. next bet early in the

????????...1 3/16.....not large by any means

just got one from repco the other day...53mm for the rear cam bore on a ford s/six

Yeah well I'd have thought there was bigger that the "average" auto joint would handle but according to our repco there is no such thing. But this is a repco that doesn't know what "DPF" approved oil is too so there is little hope.

Yep should never have gone there in the first place, was only because I wasn't heading to Morwell I didn't go straight to Bursons.

Latest posts

Back