Major electrical problem, dead camio

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndour

Reaction score
hello Aussies!!

Here I am again, but this time is a little big problem.

the story stars like this: 2 weekends ago, i went to the mountains(altiplano) to enjoy of snow, water and storm because of "invierno altiplanico". Spectacular scenario over there, amazing day.

all of this 4wheeling was in saturday, I drove from 4500 meters to 0 meters in 4 hours. The camio was dirt everywhere! salty mud. Left the ute parked to take it wash next day.

On sunday I took here late to the washer, only body wash. Went back home and parked again.

Because of my work switch, im out of home 4 days and rest 3(frid,sat,sund) and my city is damm hot and wet. When I wanted to drive the camio on friday(remember 2 weeks ago), put the key into acc and... nothing!! no indicators at panel, no radio, no power windows, nothing at all. Before starting panic, I noticed that it had alarm, head lights and tail lights.

Also, checked if the safety switch(to avoid bad people to start the camio) was on, but it didn't. Of course i checked the battery and is 2 weeks old so no problems.

So... the main problem now is I don't have any response from the ute when i put the key at Acc or On, not even starting.

With the electrician checked all the fuses(inside and outside boxes), cleaned all the connectors around the engine, rechecked the nearest wiring to the ignition switch and the ignition switch itself. All of them are working.

I'm looking for some more tips where to look at or what we are missing. Right now the camio is at the service(electrician store) and he is starting to check wire by wire. We are both a bit lost, because we can't find the problem, We can't find any direction to search.

I hope some of you can give me a hand with these!!. Any other info you need let me know.

Greetings from Chile!!

Battery is givin 12.67 volts. if we do a bridge to direct start the engine, it does well, runs at first touch.

Up to the circuit breaker i have the same voltage, i can actually use the doors locker( at the power window control). After the circuit breaker I'm losing the voltage. When I turn the key to Acc or On, I don't have voltage at all in ignition switch but without key, I have 12v on white-red cable.

The ecu connector has a bolt. I unbolted, cleaned and putted back the conector.

The grounds, at least inside the cab and the ones with easy access sorrounding the motor, are all clean and checked. I told to the auto electr. That have to check the ground near/under the engine.

No news from the auto electr. last weekend. I'm starting to getting nervous.

Greetings

I'm no sparkie but it seems like a short between the ignition barrel and the circuit breaker then.

Looking at this you shouldn't have 12volt on the red/white wire without the key, only with the key.

Attachments

• YD25 ignition 1.JPG
    YD25 ignition 1.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 79
  • YD25 ignition 2.JPG
    YD25 ignition 2.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Is the circuit breaker just an inline fuse device? If so, disconnect the circuit breaker and put an 80A fuse in its place. Don't try starting the car, just turn it on ... working?

If the car is now working, the circuit breaker is shot. They can fail!

@Rumpig

you must have one wire with energy, because you close the circuit with the key, so the white/red wire have 12V and then you get through the relays, the energy to the start and on position.

@oldtony

right after the circuit braker is the door locker system that is actually working. If you check the Factory manual posted here at the newest version(2008 if im not wrong) at the main wiring diagram will show this system directly from circuit breaker line.

The electrician things is a problem with a broken/loosen wire in the main harness. What we discovered when we started to solve the problem, is the wiring is a mess. The previous owners(2 before me) did a very bad job maintaining these harnesses and connections. Soem of them were changed and is not fully factory installation.

I'm at work from monday to thursday in a copper mine here in Chile, so is hard for me to communicate with the electrician.

I will give you all an update about the failure on friday(saturday for you) and I will point out what you suggest.

Thanks and Waiting for more opinions!

greetings!!

Latest posts

Back