LSD rebuild?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both are standard 9 inch centres. One 3.25:1 behind a manual and the other 2.75:1 behind an auto. The auto has 195/70 14 tyres, so not a lot of rubber on the road. That one is also in a 200 series Volvo body with 350 Chev. So while the centre is standard, it has been modified for the Volvo axles and tubes.
All these things are becoming obsolete with traction control etc.
Apologies to the OP for being off topic.

Last edited:
Both are standard 9 inch centres. One 3.25:1 behind a manual and the other 2.75:1 behind an auto. The auto has 195/70 14 tyres, so not a lot of rubber on the road. That one is also in a 200 series Volvo body with 350 Chev. So while the centre is standard, it has been modified for the Volvo axles and tubes.
All these things are becoming obsolete with traction control etc.
Apologies to the OP for being off topic.
sounds like a big lsd on low traction tires. the tire is slipping on the road before the lsd can slip to allow the car to turn.
not so much a problem in a nav with 8" diff and 29-31" tires.

sounds like a big lsd on low traction tires. the tire is slipping on the road before the lsd can slip to allow the car to turn.
not so much a problem in a nav with 8" diff and 29-31" tires.
https://www-motortrend-com.cdn.ampp...d.com/how-to/1701-history-of-the-ford-9-inch/Yeah nothing like what resides under the Nav. When you asked what sort or 9" I really didn't know if you knew what I was on about. I assume that you do but just in case. Different location and you might not be as old as me 😁

https://www-motortrend-com.cdn.ampp...d.com/how-to/1701-history-of-the-ford-9-inch/Yeah nothing like what resides under the Nav. When you asked what sort or 9" I really didn't know if you knew what I was on about. I assume that you do but just in case. Different location and you might not be as old as me 😁
there is quite a few different lsd's/lockers etc available for popular diffs like ford 9" hence wondering which one you had installed.
sadly not much available for nissans.
i would love a torsen for the D23.

Latest posts

Back