low fuel light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkkat

Reaction score
Hi gang just another question about my "new" truck. How far will it go after the low fuel yellow light comes on? and are there any problems if it runs out? Just asking as the nearest fuel for us is 35Km away! Thanks, XKKAT

The low fuel light in my 2009 D40 diesel comes on when the fuel level gets down to somewhere between 10-15 litres remaining. I've heard some say it comes on with as low as 5-6 litres left, others I've heard say 20 litres. If you're getting around the typical 12LPHK (give or take a couple) then a "normal" drive will get you to the fuel station without any drama at all.

Hi Guys, for what it is worth I never let my diesel run to the fuel light. There is always the chance of sucking up sludge and for that I use 'Fuel Doctor'.

I would really try to avoid the low fuel light. I have only had it on once. It took 70 liters. (D40) Running around on low fuel is not a good thing. Not so much sludge but most fuel pumped to the engine is returned to the tank. This helps keeping the injectors and fuel rail cool. Thus increasing the life of the injectors. Running around on low fuel everywhere the fuel becomes hot.

As joe mentioned big slopes down hill on low fuel are not good as the pick-up is towards the rear of the tank.

Latest posts

Back