Loss of power and black smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jude K

Reaction score
Hey legends, just having a problem with the 2011 Thai built D40 Navara. The car has almost no power ( reading 3psi @100km/h and 2500rpm). Changed 4 vacuum lines ( not too sure if there’s any more I missed) and diagnostic tool came up with a MAF sensor error code so changed that. So far both solutions haven’t worked and bit stuck on what to do so reaching out for some tips and any similar problems
Cheers Lads.

It might just be a boost control solenoid. Try connecting the vacuum line that crosses the top of the motor directly to the turbo actuator and see if that fixes things. If it does, a new BCS is needed.

Otherwise, there's a large hose coming off the baffles heading towards the intercooler, in the attached picture from my garage I've labelled it "turbocharged air". Undo this hose and wipe a clean finger on the inside. It should come out with a small amount of black oil.

Look at this oil under a strong light. If you notice any flecks of metal, your turbocharger is highly suspect. Check the shaft of the turbocharger for wobble or not-smooth rotation.

26140-6494.jpg

Latest posts

Back