Loss of power after rebuild

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The j man

Reaction score
I have a 2009 pathfinder diesel
I just finished rebuilding the engine and put it back in, I have not driven in this car before as I bought it not working, I don’t know if it’s just not knowing the car but it feels a bit slow and struggles a bit uphill, the diesel injectors looked pretty dirty as they had not been used in a long time, they had dry hard carbon on the tips I cleaned them up allot but the holes might be clogged, will this cause this, I know how to take them out properly and clean them, but I didn’t want to do it if I didn’t have to, could clogged diesel injectors cause this? Eg is blocked

Did you put all the vacuum hoses back on? I did some maintenance and knocked off a vacuum hose for boost actuator. Made things pretty slow until i worked it out.

Do you have a OBD scan tool to check things?

Yeah I did, no light I do have an obd no codes, no smoke from the tail pipe either which I found weird as well

it’s just a cheap one but it should I haven’t tried I will tomorrow, but I did notice something, there is a plug next to the fuel pump that’s green and not connected to anything, I looked all over but I can’t see where it goes, there is 2 plugs that go to the fuel pump 2 sensors one on the head and one on the block, the sensor in the back next to the gearbox and there all plugged in ?

Latest posts

Back