Loss of boost

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfella044

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issues with loss of boost. I have replaced all the vac lines, the boost control solenoid and the hot pipe and the problem persists. When it happens I turn the car off and restart and that solves the problem for a while, any ideas would be helpful, thanks in advance

mine does the same thing...wracked my brain, flexed my wallet...I just turn it off, and presto, it goes again. Mine has periods where it does it, and then long stretches when it doesn't. I think it's a brain glitch (ecu)
2008 D40 (thai) lots of mods

I had that for a while. My mechanic suggested it was to do with the throttle control mechanism. Every time I experienced the problem it was the result of planting my foot to exit a corner or make a run at an upward slope.

The explanation of the problem goes this way. The throttle position sensor at the throttle pedal sends two signals to the engine control box. If the two signals do not appear the same on arrival at the control system, the system goes into limp-home mode. As Fuzzy said, turning the motor off seems to cure the problem each time.

i bought a 4x4 2007 ssangnond with 40000 klms on clock .would go into limp mode all the time when i drove it home. stop start would cure it for 2 minuites if i was going up hill.. on flat it lasted longer, i could hear some noise comming out of the throttle body so i removed the air intake hose at the throtle body, , and could see the flap working over time , i disconnected the loom to it. fixed the problem, for some reason i lost use of cruise control..did about 500 ks untill new part arrived. I pulled the old unit apart and saw that the plastic segment gear had lost 2 teeth. this obviosly caused the flap to move about a third of its movement it would go crazy when you would start the engine.
throtlle body would last about 35000klms , i replaced 2 units over 90th kls each time i pulled the old units apart broken seg gear. the gears looked very brittle

another problem on ssagnong. with boost control solenoid was that it had a sponge filter that would clog up . neede a fine pick to flip the cap off to be able to clean it

I had that for a while. My mechanic suggested it was to do with the throttle control mechanism. Every time I experienced the problem it was the result of planting my foot to exit a corner or make a run at an upward slope.

The explanation of the problem goes this way. The throttle position sensor at the throttle pedal sends two signals to the engine control box. If the two signals do not appear the same on arrival at the control system, the system goes into limp-home mode. As Fuzzy said, turning the motor off seems to cure the problem each time.
[/QUOT

i had a loss of boost last year, ended up being the turbocharger boost pressure sensor on the drivers side of the intercooler, kept popping off!

This makes a lot of sense to me, mine glitches when I'm going to work, with a fully loaded tool trailer, and I'm nursing her, just floating on the throttle trying to be nice to the old girl. If I"m my usual self, and sticking the boot in, she just about never does it.. (I changed MAP sensor, vacuum lines, boost solenoid etc trying to fix it).
Now here's the curious thing, even when it's doing it, it sounds to me like the turbo is still spooling up, induction noise sounding normal.... so where does the boost go? This makes no sense I know...

So I have a similar prob. Only happens on cold start mornings. Reverse out driveway and go to take off up hill. plant foot and car goes nowhere. revs sit at 800 to 1000. The car slowly moves off and revs hunt towards 2000. hits about 2200 revs and turbo kicks in and off you fly straights to 4500 revs
the car can take a whole turn signal 30 plus seconds to right turn an intersection before it reaches enough revs for boost only does it 2 to 3 times and then is good once the car has reached operating temp. Warming the car up sometimes solves the issue but not always. where to start

Ps my ute is fully loaded with work gear. longrange tank bullbar and roof racks. weight is at the upper levels

Back