Looking to change tyres size

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday fellas!
I’ve being lurking for a few years now getting advice on upgrades for my 2008 D22 Navara YD25 2WD cab chassis, I’ve owned her for 3 years and absolutely love it!

so far I’ve added:
Alloy bullbar (with working indicators)
Under tray tool boxes/ rear tray tool box
Light bar

The next step is I’d like to know the possibility of changing my Tyre size from 195R14C 106/104R light truck tyres to just the stock 16ich all terrain rims and tyres on the 4wd d22.

Is this even possible will I need to buy a full lift kit? (Are there even any lift kits for a 2WD?)Can I just swap the tryes out without upgrading the suspension?

I’m a young travelling rural nurse and the past few years travelling out west have being hard on my little light truck tyres. So I’m not trying to make this a mud truck I simple just want some better ground clearance.

cheers fellas

Attachments

• 9E494289-F170-4424-916F-03DF4060FCCD.jpeg
    9E494289-F170-4424-916F-03DF4060FCCD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Looks like not many people are familiar with the 2wd. I know nothing about them. As you say the ST-R have 265/70 tyres on 16" rims as standard, but I have no idea whether they would fit yours. Know anyone with an ST-R that might let you try them for fit?

Hopefully someone with experience will be along.

Hey mate - another D22 driver here tho its a fourby - I cant answer any of your questions directly but I think would be a fair observation to say that even if the 16's did fit the stud pattern and fitted inside your wheel arches and you could turn lock to lock with out rubbing on anything you would have a very significant gearing issue. The 265/7016 is huge compared to your 195/14's.
Wheel size plays as much as important role in gear ratios as diffs and gear boxes.

Hi all, I've gone from a 285/85/16 to a 235/85/16 just shy of 32.5 inch and a lot narrower its given my better acceleration and saving a little diesel. These are mounted on stock rims

Latest posts

Back