Looking at getting a d22, what are they like as a daily driver?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
390000ks on my zd30 now,
Engine untouched,
That's what I call a good daily driver haha

Edit: Just remembered you are looking at a 2.5

Non d22 owners will talk shit about the zd30. But.... The nav zd30 is good, so don't listen to them. Patrols had the issues ours were fixed. I'd be guessing all our zd30 d22s will be getting high in the kms now.

Last edited:
I had a 2008 D22 2.5 diesel for about 10 years never let me down ,I've had over a ton in the back plenty of times , Just last year I drove from Robina to Batemans bay and back , on the way back I had over a ton in the tray and a ton in the trailer, It pulled like a train Its 1,130km trip and I did it in 13 hrs only stopping for fuel and some tucker , can't complain .

Attachments

• IMG_1516.JPG
    IMG_1516.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 7
Mines got 208,000 of effortess km on it now, it's been a really dependable daily.

I've had lots of V8 dailies and this is my first TD daily and I can't believe how solid it feels. Everytime I drive the car it just feels solid filling me with confidence that it will always get me home.

The ZD30 in the navara is a pretty bulletproof engine provided you don't overheat them.

The only things I've done to mine to make it a bit better as a daily that does around 40,000km a year is convert the seats over to Holden WM caprice leather sets and softened the suspension a bit (which wasn't cheap and took a bit of trial and error). The seats are the only thing I can really fault on the D22, the stock ones are absolutely spine shattering and useless on long drives.

Morning all. I’m looking at getting a 2014 d22. Just wondering what your thoughts are as a daily driver?

I’m new to the 4x4 world but keen to do some more camping/fishing trips around qld. The old Holden cruise just doesn’t quite cut it for a lot of these.

It will be my only car though, to and from work and round town as well as some longer trips so I’m keen on what you think of these a “do it all” type truck. I’ll have to squeeze a baby seat in the back too, hopefully the back seat is big enough for that!

Cheers for your help guys!
How did you get along? Did you end up getting a nav? If so how are you liking it ?

They seem to rev high, but I've got one of those obd2 Bluetooth scanners and the ecu only shows around 2500rpm at 100km/h (on the app, that's what the actual engine computer sees) whereas the tacho on the dash shows about 2750rpm and about 105km/h on the speedo.
Heard this a few times but tried mine (2011) at 110kph and shows 2700 on the taco as for power without towing I think it goes great but then normally sit on 90-100 kph and has plenty of power to overtake it was tested and found to have two cylinders down but goes great even without the chip it had in it originally, has a snorkel and a 3" system but extremely happy except for backseat space but have been in one and ok if front seat forward a bit.
After 5 hiluxes from 1980-2002 and an Isuzu nps 300 the d22 is great.

The seats are the only thing I can really fault on the D22, the stock ones are absolutely spine shattering and useless on long drives.
Yeah not sure what the story is with a 2008 JNI one here it had all black vinyl seats which I have put into my keeper a 2009 MNT but find even the standard seats are ok although after years driving lux's, farm machinery and light trucks anything is a step up.

Latest posts

Back