Limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porschy911

Reaction score
Hi all, new here.
I'm Sam I have a d40 navara 2007 auto turbo diesel.
On take off car goes into limp mode most times.
Checked oil levels, it above the fill line. I drain it, check few days later, keeps going high again.
Any suggestions plz.
I have replaced suction control valve x 3 times, have geniune one. Fuel filter changed.
Many thanks.

Your oil level is rising? Chances are there's diesel getting into the sump. The seals around the injectors might need attention, there was an issue with injector fitting that required particular care to avoid this very problem. If there's no milkiness to the sump oil, it's likely that this is the problem and you should have it seen to as soon as possible.

We've had a couple of members with this problem in the past, hopefully one will come past and provide some assistance.

Hi all, new here.
I'm Sam I have a d40 navara 2007 auto turbo diesel.
On take off car goes into limp mode most times.
Checked oil levels, it above the fill line. I drain it, check few days later, keeps going high again.
Any suggestions plz.
I have replaced suction control valve x 3 times, have geniune one. Fuel filter changed.
Many thanks.
i have this problem because some times use both feet . a no no eg accelarator and brake at same time on take off

Sump filling is never a good sign. It's either coolant which you would notice as that would be down and in this case i highly suspect it will be fuel. There is a few possible ways fuel will be entering the lubrication system/sump. Find a mechanic that knows there way around a YD 25 engine. The fuel dilution of the oil will have a very detrimental effect on the engine. If this continues your engine hasn't got much more time to live. Sounds a bit alarmist but seriously get it checked out fast.

Cost of an engine rebuild on a 2007 virtually makes the thing a write off.

I was having this issue. Mine is a stx550.
It went into limp mode 5 times within a 30min drive to work every morning. So frustrating.
Changed the BCV with no change.
I purchased a SCV but have not put it in(yet).
I also purchased an EGR delete cable from Ebay, followed instructions and connected it up 2 days ago.
Guess what? No more limp mode, driving good with no issue now.

Will monitor now.

I spoke to 2 guys at work, they have done the same thing for the same reason and have had no further limp mode issues for some years..

Mind you before this I purchased an OBDII bluetooth scanner. Checked codes and cleared them(MAF error).

I think its worth changing some of these components and sensors anyway(mine is a 2012), no idea if they were ever replaced.

This is the cable i bought

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3043579...4emtqkiTJO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
HopE this helps

Latest posts

Back