Limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trex4x4

Reaction score
So haven;t had the ute for 2weeks and it's stuck in the drive way in limp mode, no codes, any ideas where to start pointing the finger?
2010 2.5L diesel auto

well i finally found a code for the boost senor, oh the joy of getting that out to clean it...
got it running again, no change, but, threw boost control solenoid code, checked and yes, sure enough, there was no boost, cleaned the solenoid and off it went, then it slowly degraded with less power and it sounds like it's pinging under load, so maybe tomorrow I will try clean the suction control valve as there are no more codes.

I have the same vehicle and issue. Found this on another page and now perform it after every oil change.

Resetting ECU and FUEL pump MAY help in cutting down on that horrible tapping noise that the D40 suffers from. Also removes limp mode

I’ve carried out this reset and the engine is alot smoother, more responsive, less smokey and alot less tappy.

To carry out the reset do the following

Turn ingnition on so all dash lights come on.

Wait 3 seconds

PUMP accelerator pedel 5 times within 5 seconds....

with foot now OFF accelerator wait 7 seconds...

After 7 seconds press and hold down accelerator pedel for 10 seconds...

Atfer 10 seconds the Engine Managment Light will start to flash, at this point remove foot from accelerator.

The computer is now in diagnostic mode, so let the EML flash for a bit.

The press and hold the acclerator pedel down for more than 10 seconds. This will then reset ECU and fuel pump etc......and put them into learning mode.

IMPORTANT My mechanic told me to do this with a warm engine and then go for a for 20 minute drive.

NOTE: When the EML light is flashing, this is listing possible fault codes... so if you know how to read the fault codes or know the sequences then you can figure out any possible faults with your Nav with out getting the dealer to do it!!

good luck (y)

The scan tool would not show any codes, doing the "pedal dance" is what showed the first code for the boost sensor, now the codes are coming, 3 times went for the 20min drive, second one ended in limp mode again, now, no codes but power is way down, round three today :-(

Yeah I cleaned it out and the boost came on but 15min into the drive limp mode again, giving it another clean and blow out with compressor but may need a new one.
Also going to clean the SCV and blank the EGR.

ok
update
BCS replaced and boost is back, but wait, lost all vacuum now,
Brake booster not holding vacuum...

Bloody frustrating that’s for sure. At Easter during the lockdown I removed the inlet manifold and degunged it, fitted blanking plate and ProVent 200 catch can, changed brake fluid and coolant. I was bored 😐
One thing I did find when I was knee deep in the engine bay was a couple of hoses that had cracks. You don’t notice it until you flex the hose. So I checked every hose but only replaced two, one was a fuel hose which explained the occasional smell and the other was a windscreen squirter.

nah it's like new under the bonnet, put a bolt in the end of the booster hose and shes boosting (turbo) like never before, going to test the booster and check valve today.

Latest posts

Back