Lift Kit 2WD vs 4WD

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phunk

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Am looking at a basic lift kit with Shackles for the rear and Spacers for the front,

I'm seeing listings with '4WD Only'.

Surely there can't be a difference between the 2 models when it comes to spacing the front strut and the rear leaf springs??

I don't know but maybe best to ask the seller? Perhaps there is a difference in ride height and it would give the 2wd version too much lift?
I thought extended shackles make a vehicle unroadworthy?
More questions than answers haha

Last edited:
I don't know but maybe best to ask the seller? Perhaps there is a difference in ride height and it would give the 2wd version too much lift?
I thought extended shackles make a vehicle unroadworthy?
More questions than answers haha

Thx mate, yeah the seller asked for my VIN and then came back with "won't fit, sorry"..

I'm stumped.

The sales brochure from 2010 indicates they are the same height but the owners manual says the 2wd is lower. There is also a 2wd low chassis model listed in the owners manual. The 2wd model would also be lighter but I gave up looking for the specs. Let us know if you find out the reason.

The sales brochure from 2010 indicates they are the same height but the owners manual says the 2wd is lower. There is also a 2wd low chassis model listed in the owners manual. The 2wd model would also be lighter but I gave up looking for the specs. Let us know if you find out the reason.

I guess that might make sense if we were looking at like the RX vs STX,

I might just pull the pin and buy them, it will be worth trying them out, I've looked between the 2 where I can and can't see anything that would stop me

Transfer case, front diff etc would make a bit of difference. I think that I saw Pedders listing both. They might know the difference although on second thoughts, probably not!

Transfer case, front diff etc would make a bit of difference. I think that I saw Pedders listing both. They might know the difference although on second thoughts, probably not!

I get what you're saying, but this lift kit is just the block that goes between the leaf springs and a spacer above the shock itself.. I really cannot see how they can be different?

I know this is a old thread, but i just came across it because ive been doing my head in trying to find 2wd leaf springs (raised)
Bought a 2" lift kit, website said its compatible with my model.. ended up not because the 4x4 leaf springs are longer than 4x2.
managed to get a partial refund, but now struggling to source raised under axel/diff leaf springs.

Navara D40 2013
RWD, Thai model

I know this is a old thread, but i just came across it because ive been doing my head in trying to find 2wd leaf springs (raised)
Bought a 2" lift kit, website said its compatible with my model.. ended up not because the 4x4 leaf springs are longer than 4x2.
managed to get a partial refund, but now struggling to source raised under axel/diff leaf springs.

Navara D40 2013
RWD, Thai model

Have you tried a suspension shop? ARB sell good gear.

Latest posts

Back