Legal tyre size in WA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

stxowner

Reaction score
I have been advised by WA Transport Dept that in WA the new national code VSB14 applies and it is legal to go to up to a tyre 50mm diameter oversize from stock if fitted to a 4X4 and you do not have a lift kit. This will allow up to a 25mm lift using tyres only. Total overall lift allowed including tyres is 50MM. These are for modifications that do not require approval. I am happy withthis as I am looking at fitting 265/70R17 Cooper St Maxx on my stock 2010 STX but just wondering if anyone here in WA has been told anything different by the local authorities. :cheers!:

T.Griff

Reaction score
I just came back from the pits today to try and remove this weird looking yellow sticker on my window. I got told the same the whole car can have a max of 50mm in total including suspension tyres and body lifts! Also I got pinged for tyres sticking out to far even though they are under the flexy flairs your wheel track can only be a maximum on 50mm wider than stock.

Cheers T.Griff

Adrian

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can find out what the standard ride hight of your vehicle is ?

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
I'd take a punt and say inthe back of owners manual in specifications section.

Don't have my Nav here but work ute (triton) has it listed in manual.

A quick google search also turned up results.

190mm ground clearance?

Passage GT

Reaction score
i've gone for a 50mm lift and 265/70/17 tyres, the standard tyres use a 65 profile which would legally put me 5mm over, but i figure once the suspension settles a bit it should sit a bit lower than the 50mm anyway so it'll be close enough i think

4x4 ST-R

Reaction score
So if I have 32x11.5 inch tyres and a 2 inch lift I can expect a cop to pull me up soon?

How will nearly all 4wders in WA go with this law that seems to be enforced now??

dilmah

Reaction score
I see zoo many Patrols and Cruisers driving around with massive lifts and no yellow stickers. Must be really unlucky to get picked up by the coppers.

Latest posts