Landcruiser Mountain Park has been sold.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a shame. Another resource gone.

Not sure it's a "cult" though. I've had a read through their pages.

Crofters are Australians of any religious, spiritual, agnostic, or atheist belief.

So it's not a mystical system they're pushing. Some of what they're proposing is actually quite admirable. Check this:

no person is permitted to conceal their identity with clothing, hoods or helmets

No burka allowed. Take it off or p!ss off.

I don't know what the catch is. You can buy a 961 square metre block (about the size of a suburban "quarter acre" block) for $12,100 inc GST plus a monthly maintenance fee of about $60 - about $730 a year. Compare that with a suburban block price and council rates... there's either something fishy going on, or it's a great deal. The ongoing fees pay for toilets, roadworks etc.

It's just a shame that 961 sq m is too small to do a lot of 4WDing on! Then again, you could buy 20 of those blocks (=5 acres) for less than the cost of a (less than) quarter-acre block in Sydney ($242,000 plus $14,600/yr compared to Sydney block, here's one 458 sq m for around $500K plus ongoing council rates) and have a few acres to do some 4WDing on. Join in with a few mates - let's say 10 guys get together and buy 20 adjoining blocks each - that's 50 acres in total. Select a strip that climbs the hill, camps at the top, who cares if they come knocking with their stupid black hats and bibles in hand, they promote the "Australian way of life" - which means you can tell them to p!ss off and knock on someone else's door!

Not sure I'd do it to be honest. Wondering what the "behind the scenes" catch is.

I think they attempted to try this model at a dirt bike playground(Blackduck) outside of Brisbane a few years ago. Not sure if it ever got off the ground, but i don't think the place exists any more, certainly haven't heard it's name mentioned.

Black Duck was closed after a fatality and they were not properly insured, LCMP was for sale in 2014 when I was last there for a undisclosed amount. Whatever this new "proposal" is they would need to sell a hell of lot of blocks to make it worthwhile. Anyone who's been there knows most of it is goat country.

Black Duck was closed after a fatality and they were not properly insured, LCMP was for sale in 2014 when I was last there for a undisclosed amount. Whatever this new "proposal" is they would need to sell a hell of lot of blocks to make it worthwhile. Anyone who's been there knows most of it is goat country.

i know they had the fatality, which probably was they're demise, the park did stop and start a few times after the accident if i remember, but they were toying with LCMP idea.

:confused3:AWESOME!!!!!!! I've got unfinished business there.
I was there for the first time on their second to last weekend that they were open. I was totally bummed that we hadn't discovered it sooner. Our first day there my NAV developed a master cylinder issue where the peddle slowly went to the floor until I had no brakes and you had to pump them up again. That kept me from looking at telecom hill and others.

I notice that they have banned driving after 10 pm. PITA but I suppose it had to happen since the fatality on the Saturday night when we were there. Apparently the IDIOTS were drunk and doing an "extreme" track at 2am when they rolled it and crushed someones head. The medivac chopper woke us up at about 3.30 when they left.

Anyway I'm stoked :love sign:

Too true Shane, who has never broken something there. They probably won't stop pissheads doing locker tracks at 3am but it's a start. The fees seem ok as well.

Back