Knuckle assembly wont come off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zach2000

Reaction score
Hey I have a nissan navara d22 3L diesel 2005

We need to replace the knuckle assembly and have all the bolts off, it just wont come out of the bottom part.

We tried hitting around with a hammer and also used a puller screw type thing and hasnt budged.

If anyone has any ideas wld be greatly appreciated :))

1598871854663.png
Capture.PNG

If you've got a blowtorch or one of those smaller butane torches that plumbers and that use, try heating up the metal on the spindle a round where the ball joint goes through to expand it a bit and you should be able to crack it free. You may need to try that and some freeze spray on the ball joint piece too as that will help shrink that slightly and should break it apart.

what you do is put a heavy hammer against the cast on one side of the bolt. then bash the other side of the cast, bolt should pop out.. You can also buy a tappered fork that you push in above the rubber boot
1599083801215.png

sometimes helps to lower the car onto solid metal sitting under bolt (takes wait) then bash etc. never put jack under bolt as it may topple when the bolt releases

Bear with me here (I can be slow lol) but from your description it sounds like getting the bottom ball joint apart is giving you trouble?

I have changed the ball joints in a D22, from memory I used one of the contraptions you mentioned to put as much tension on it as I could get, along with heat on the cast steel part (so that it expands around the taper part of the ball joint), and a few taps around it with a big hammer. Eventually it "popped". Was a pita, but not that bad really. Though without heat I doubt I would have separated it. The balljoint splitters mentioned earlier might help also.

Latest posts

Back