knocking sound and metal grinding on full lock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
after 2 years of driving my d22 4wd1998 model started grinding on full lock . on inspectin the full lock adjusting bolt , i noticed there was a tiny bit of nylon left on side of bolt, these bolts innitially had nylon caps imbeded into them,, i bought some grease containing molybdomen its got rid of the metal grinding noise.. havnt put new caps on , kit cap nissan part number 4039-2s400
Been knocking and consistant grinding and clicking in front rt side ,this week i removed my front cv drive shaft . i found that one knuckle dropped couple of ball bearing , the knuckle spindle assembly had a collapsed needle roller (part number 4058888G00) (inner, accomodes drive shaft) worn top ball joint, hub bearings okey. so its new shaft ,seal ball joints and thrust washer($90.00 for hardened copper washer 50mmx30mmx5mm) i have ordered some thrust washer from overseas, will be selling them on gumtree for about $70
did my own sevice since new, following instruction on service manual, .,she is my farm workhorse.. cluster stopped working, threw it out and used earlier model speedo and (rev assembly. soldered a wire from inside alternator) took some cutting , had to redirect some wires..one of my mates sent his cluster for repairs 2 times, he gave up after it stopped for 3rd time. another mate never had a problem with his.

Latest posts

Back