Kill switch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazza2405

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I’m looking at putting a kill switch in my d22. Just wondering what I should do ignition, starter or diesel pump? Open to any ideas
Thanks

Ignition is obvious because a turn of the key barrel (after the lock has been ripped out) doesn't do anything. Starter is bypassable (clutch start it). Fuel pump is dangerous to the pump itself because if it doesn't have fuel and they continue to try starting it, the pump will destroy itself.

There are others here who know the D22 better, but I would think you could try the Camshaft Position Sensor. Without a signal from this, the ECU won't know when to open the injectors. I could look up the manual to get more accurate info but you'd have to tell us which engine yours has.

pull off the small push on wire from your starter solenoide bring it into you cab to a not so obviouse place.. through a push button then back to starter,, no pushing button no start

Ignition is obvious because a turn of the key barrel (after the lock has been ripped out) doesn't do anything. Starter is bypassable (clutch start it). Fuel pump is dangerous to the pump itself because if it doesn't have fuel and they continue to try starting it, the pump will destroy itself.

There are others here who know the D22 better, but I would think you could try the Camshaft Position Sensor. Without a signal from this, the ECU won't know when to open the injectors. I could look up the manual to get more accurate info but you'd have to tell us which engine yours has.
Sorry it’s a 2004 Zd30, that seems like a better idea to do the cam shaft position sensor. How would I go about that?

apart from no camshaft sensor, they only have crank sensor, don't screw with the sensors especially the crank sensor. it has some known issues without you doing something to it.

typically just interrupt the ignition feed or ecm power feed.

Latest posts

Back