KA24E MAF Sensor Failed?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seminutin

Reaction score
Hi all, never had much need to participate in forum activity until now but here we go!

I've been having much trouble with my '94 d21 ka24e in regard to the maf sensor. The behaviour is this - when I plug in the maf sensor the engine idle goes to crap, but with the maf disconnected the idle is near perfect aside from being stuck in limp-mode. Given this behaviour, I assumed the sensor had failed and I purchased another cheap one off eBay, which resulted in the same behaviour. I figured it fair the cheap one didn't work, so I found another OEM one off a wrecker (who tested the sensor was working prior to sending), and found the behaviour was the same again!

At which point I was curious if the source of the problem was in the wiring, so I took apart the plug and tested for power, ground and the 'reading' prong. Then having identified which wires were which, I stuck a paperclip I bent up in the back of the plug to see the voltage on the 'reading' prong while the engine was idling. As one would assume, when manually revving the engine, one should see the voltage fluctuate on the millimetre - but it doesn't. The voltage reads around really high at about 13V regardless of the engine revvs. The power supply is consistent at about 14V so I know the wires aren't mixed up. My thoughts are that this is caused by one of two things - either there is a problem with the wiring/electrical/computer OR it's something else that I'm entirely unaware of.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back