Is there anything other problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coops08d22

Reaction score
Had my 08 d22 for 2 years now done 40,000km only issue it's was a rusted egr that dumped coolant into the intake it's been blocked cooling system flushed oil was flushed and replaced runs more efficiently and has more power.

I'm about to upgrade exhaust manifold due to cracking apparently common going to put a 3" stainless exhaust as well. Also a catch can from what I have read plus the fact oil is weeping out of everything on intake side of turbo that top end breathing heavy and throwing oil through the turbo and choking up is apparently common as well. Oil catch can should fix this.

Putting a new stage 1 turbo and new intercooler on at the same time as the exhaust just waiting on the new manifold hopefully here this week.

Q.1 How much boost can the yd25 safely handle?

Q.2 I'm sure a few people have done the mods I've listed did you need a tune or were you able to get a chip to compensate for extra boost and air flow to fuel?

Q.3 what egt should it run for best performance and fuel efficiency?

Q.4 other than the issues I have listed are there any other issues to look out for before it becomes a problem?

Got a few mates with a hilux I like being more reliable than the so called unbreakable at a fraction of the cost while they're repairing gearboxes I'm modifying and upgrading.

My only problem is lack of power but I'm about to fix that.

Welcome aboard.

The YD25 in the D40 regularly takes 20psi of boost without a drama so you could easily go that high as long as your intake piping is up to it (lips on hard tube, hose clamp beyond the lip to prevent slippage).

A catch can is a good idea, although the lack of catch can has given you an idea of where your boost leaks are (all those oil leaks = boost leaks if they're between the turbo and the intake manifold). They'll need to be fixed.

Chips are not uncommon and the better ones include an EGT monitor so that things don't get too out of hand.

Another option for power (not something I'd do personally, but I'm happy with the power I have) is "diesel gas". It's basically an LPG bottle with an injector and a small control unit. While gas is available, it injects a small amount (when needed, it won't do it at idle!) into the intake which can provide something like 30% more power. When the gas runs out, you're back to normal. It's probably a bit expensive for what it's doing though.

The D22 is a fairly solid platform. You're actually going to impair that by asking more from the motor, but if it's done in moderation it should still serve you well.

Latest posts

Back