Intermittent shudder/vibration when releasing throttle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chettaz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a stock 2010 d40 ST (auto) which I have only had a few months and have recently noticed a shudder when I take my foot completely off the accelerator, it's intermittent and mostly occurs at slow speeds, but has happened a couple of times at higher speeds and doesn't matter what gear.

While in the video, it kinda sounds like blow-off, but I am certain that it's not, and it never shifted out of first gear.
The first one (5secs) happened when completely take foot off accelerator at 10km/h, the second one was at about 15km/h, I just held it longer.

Any ideas of what it could be?
Thanks

Attachments

• VID_20220121_181512.mp4
    19.5 MB
that sounds a lot like turbo bark/flutter.
common cause is blocked up air filter.
also check turbo vanes are moving ie "wastegate" arm is moving. common for turbo control valves to fail.

also check turbo vanes are moving ie "wastegate" arm is moving. common for turbo control valves to fail.
Thanks mate, that's a start. I'll check them out. This is the first car I've owned that's had a turbo so I didn't really know where to begin trying to diagnose it.

I replaced the air filter and i think it resolved the issue, though I thought I heard the noise very faintly again a couple of days ago, but i thought I was just hearing things, as it was just a once off. However, today the turbo blew on me, so not sure if its related to that noise or not though..

turbo bark destroys turbo's.
basically its the compressed air going back through the turbo, typically because there is a large vacuum on the inlet side. it tries to make the turbo run in reverse.

Latest posts

Back