Installing Genuine Roof Bars (roof lining)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

Many thanks to turbogu for these detailed instructions on how to fit a set of genuine roof bars to a D40....

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so here we go. I started inside in scoping out what has to be removed to lower the headliner. I recommend before you start, remove the rear seat head rests! It'll help you later on to lower the headliner.

Up Front, you'll need to remove the sunvisors, upper console, and A-pillar grab handles:

roofimage01.gif

On each side, the upper grab handles and the bolt holding the top of the panel between the doors.

roofimage02.gif

On the rear, the rear dome light, and support pins

roofimage03.gif

Now work the headliner down with as much patience as you can. It certainly won't fall down... you have to work it around all the trim, etc. It took me 20-25 mins to get it worked down and onto the reclined seats.

The only thing that held mine somewhat up is the wiring that passes up the driver's side A pillar and over to the overhead console and then back to the rear dome light:

roofimage6.gif

roofimage7.gif

Now you are ready to take the plunge and drill some holes! I fully assembled the rack and set it on the truck. Prior to the install, I examined an LE truck with a factory rack and knew where Nissan put it on.

I put some tape down and marked the holes in the plastic mounts of the rack.

roofimage11.gif

I then slid the rack to the side and used the reinforcement bracket to make the exact center of each hole. Since the brackets are specific to Left and Right, I used the right bracket to mark the holes on the outside of the roof of the left side... if that makes sense:

roofimage12.gif

Woohoo I can see another project really soon. Thanks Krafty and Turbo for the great info.Your the first I have known who actually installed the inner brackets.Most have just used rivnuts lol.

Bugger that, I don't think i could bring myself to drill holes through the roof!

Mitch

yeah its a bit nearvy but after the first one the rest were easy!!!

i went the plates cause i wasnt real keen on a bit of weight swinging off the rivnuts

they were a bloody tight fit to fit between the roof and the roof stiffner but a few gentle taps with the persuader they are home!!

Did my ol Suzi roof back a way's. Bit scary but a bit of a dog tho, so wasn't too worried.
I would seal it with Sikaflex. Soooo much better than all the rest. Motor body builders only use it. Well the ones I know anyhoo.

Cool, I was wondering how the bars bolted down, I want to run a bunch of wires through mine for CB antenna & some lights blah blah, looks pretty straight forward now

I hope the sealant you used was neutral cure otherwise you've got an instant corrosion problem...

Latest posts

Back