Installing a turbo in a QD32

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah she does Bryce. Just have not got up it yet.
How much did your intercooler set you back again?
I am starting to think that might be the go for me.

Will be good to take it out on some tracks soon.

So have you had it tuned? Did they mention what changes they made to the settings on the pump?

the intercooler was 700including everything, except the silicone hoses which i allready had (got a 3foot length and cut it down as needed)
you could always come out tomorrow for a run.

Haha yeah I could but I'm stressing about driving it with out heat shielding.
Sounds like a good deal. Might have to look into it.

Have not got it tuned yet. I will take it to a place next week to get it done

Was thinking of taking it to 4X4 Offroad world in Nerang as they were recommended on the patrol forums.

Does anyone know where a good Diesel tuner is on the coast or are they the way to go/

Also it will be about a week till I get it tuned. I am thinking I should turn the fuel up a little but will it matter that much.
And if it does, where is the adjustment for it on the fuel pump?

Go see Northside or ring Lydnsay from there.

Dunno how far his shop is from you though.

northside 4x4 would be at least 1 1/2hours away, but he does know what he is talking about. he could do up an intercooler for you as well but it wouldnt be cheap. not sure how much a few dyno runs and tune would cost but.

Yeah would be a while away.

There is a 4x4 Performance shop near me that might be a good choice. I will have to ring around and see who has a dyno and who can do it all.
On that note does anyone know the standard Air/Fuel Ratio for the QD32

Going in to get tuned tomorrow.
The place it is going to said they will be using a Pyrometer and taking the EGT up to 500.
The cost is $165. See how she goes after that.
All ready for a trip out though.

Ok so I took her out for a run on the local tracks today and I am more than impressed with the power I now have. The tune was worth it 10 fold. I ended up taking it to 4x4 and performance center in nerang.

There isn't a tuning shop over here for deisel so do you know what they did to tune the truck.I was wondering if they make a air\fuel meter for deiisel?

There isn't a tuning shop over here for deisel so do you know what they did to tune the truck.I was wondering if they make a air\fuel meter for deiisel?

I believe they got the engine up to full boost and turned the fuel up while watching the Pyrometer (EGT Gauge).
They said they tuned it to 485C while it was on 9PSI (the max boost).
Hope that helps. I don't know about an air fuel meter for mechanical injected diesels.

OK so just a quick update, I have done a bit of work and things have changed, I managed to get that intercooler under the bonnet by using the QD32 airbox. So no more cruiser box.
IMG_20120203_195259.jpg

Hi just looking at a 99 dx 4x4 d22 qd3.2 and was wondering the same things about fiting a turbo ! Can this be done to the qd32 with out to much fuss ?
If you guy's could keep running this forum with the pictures and things to look out for on fitting these qd's up it would be very very much apprieciated - in fact I'll suply the beer on the mountain of your choice when she's up and running ! any help please !

I would recommend getting someone like Denco or AXT to install one.
Denco QD32T
AXT QD32T
It is a bit of a stuff around to put one on and it is continual problem solving afterwards.
But if your into mechanics it is pretty achieving to DIY. And I don't mind trying to sort the kinks out.

great thread

Hey all , great work- great site ! I have the chance to pick up a low k 99 dx 4x4 d22 nav' 145'000 qd32 and wanted to fit a turbo as well so any info' you put up here is a great help. I have a d21 with 860'000 k's that need's to be retiered so i'm seriously thinking about the d22 but I have no knowlage of any thing diesel...

Keep up the good work - this site is fantastic for newbies like me !

Latest posts

Back