Injectors & SCV

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotboxcivic

Reaction score
Hello, having a big electrical drama with my 2010 ST nav. Mechanic changed the head gasket and tried starting it but the SCV clicks but doesn't stay open. Multimeter only shows 3v. Injectors are dribbling out fuel when turning the motor. Multimeter shows only 6.6v. Battery is less than 12 months old and is fully charged. Car has been sitting for about 3 weeks. Scan tool showed a u1000 code relating to the BCM. Removed this, checked the board and nothing is obviously broken or burnt out. Connectors and plugs were checked and clean but cleaned them out with contact cleaner anyway. All major grounds have been checked and paint around earth points sanded back. No issues with lights, interior lights, indicators etc. Anyone have any idea what could be the issue? And can I simply swap and replace the ECU with 2nd unit from a same ST, auto 2.5? Cheers, any help is appreciated.

And can I simply swap and replace the ECU with 2nd unit from a same ST, auto 2.5? Cheers, any help is appreciated.
Do you have an immobiliser key on a 2010 ST? Does it have lock and unlock buttons?

You can swap an ECU but it won't start until you get the key/IMMO recoded. The key is linked to the BCM, ECU and IMMO. If you change just one of them you need to go through the key coding process.

I've swapped the ECU on my 2011 RX and had to recode my keys.

try set of jumper leads pos bat to pos starter motor and neg from bat to engine block and see if starts ?

I have the immobiliser key. Does it make it easier to redo the key?
I'm not sure what you mean. The key has a small PCB inside the plastic case with a security chip. Change any one of the ECU/BCM/IMMO/Key and the car won't start nor will the unlock/lock button on the key work. The key symbol on the dash will stay illuminated and the engine will just keep cranking without starting.

So if you change the ECU in a Locksmiths car park they'll be able to plug in to the OBD2 port and code the key to the new ECU/IMMO/BCM combination. If you do it somewhere else you'll need a mobile Locksmith to visit.

Latest posts

Back