Injector pump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty m

Reaction score
Hi everyone i got a 2006 3l navara pump is vp44 does anyone know if its possible to fix the capacator in the pcu without taking the pump out

Hi everyone i got a 2006 3l navara pump is vp44 does anyone know if its possible to fix the capacator in the pcu without taking the pump out
very very difficult to repair the board as all the components are covered in epoxy.
thats also a big assumption that its the issue.

imho, while expensive, getting the pump rebuilt is the best way. you get a new board, new internals and pump gets tuned.

very very difficult to repair the board as all the components are covered in epoxy.
thats also a big assumption that its the issue.

imho, while expensive, getting the pump rebuilt is the best way. you get a new board, new internals and pump gets tuned.
I just dont have the upfront coin right now so its a bit hard im just aware that it is the most common fault with them and i didnt have any other signs of bad pump it just stopped and it was perhaps heat related as the vehicle had a overheating issue however i was not the driver but was a hot day and they traveled up a steep long hill which i know would have heated her up pretty bad

The car was not spose to have traveled that far that day in that heat but mrs used car.and ignored my requests to only drive short dist

so all these thing point to burnt out transistor and thats why i asked as i rekon i can get to the pcu without taking pump out further more the pump internalls may be fine the seemed fine prior and if it.does do the trick at little cost and alot less work it would be very good result if pump must come out then i will bave to decide a little differently as offcourse dont want it still faulty reinstalled on a job that big

Have you called around to a few wreckers and asked for one? There's an excellent chance that a faulty fuel pump wasn't the cause of the vehicle ending up in the wrecking yard.
If the pcu is accessible, and you are sure that this is the fault.
There are guy's out there that can repair this in situ I've had this done twice on ip44 pumps although no on navara.

If the pcu is accessible, and you are sure that this is the fault.
There are guy's out there that can repair this in situ I've had this done twice on ip44 pumps although no on navara.
Ok well that would be good im in adelaide so if theres anyone around who can do that please let me know

Latest posts

Back