Injector pump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lingtyson

Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick question. I have a qd32 car... the problem is when i prime the primer pump i see heavy fuel coming out of the return line when the car is off... what could cause this.. also every morning i have to prime the car before it starts

Hi all, just a quick question. I have a qd32 car... the problem is when i prime the primer pump i see heavy fuel coming out of the return line when the car is off... what could cause this.. also every morning i have to prime the car before it starts
thats not an issue. with many VE style pump engines you will push fuel back to the tank when pumping the primer.
not sure if i have the manual for that one, one thing to check is some VE pumps run a valve on the fuel return and that can go weak and not hold proper pressure inside the pump, which effects timing.

thats not an issue. with many VE style pump engines you will push fuel back to the tank when pumping the primer.
not sure if i have the manual for that one, one thing to check is some VE pumps run a valve on the fuel return and that can go weak and not hold proper pressure inside the pump, which effects timing.
Thanks for your respond... just a quick question where can the valve be found?

Well with my case it doesnt have any... just the junction, one from the injector nozzles and the other towards the tank

I will try now, also is the banjo wherr the junction of the injector nozzle and the return line meet?

16032681858335393336184695576778.jpg

if there s no spring and valve in there then its doesn't have the valve and fuel flowing back to tank when you use the primer is normal.
my toyo is the same.

Thanks for your reply... i have checked and it only has a strainer in it... my main concern is why am i losing loosing presure?

Thanks for your reply... i have checked and it only has a strainer in it... my main concern is why am i losing loosing presure?
if it has a strainer in it, then you have taken off the inlet pipe not the outlet. the outlet is what may have the valve in it.

with no valve it won't hold pressure, its not meant to hold pressure.

one small thought, after you go for a decent drive, stop and quickly open the fuel cap. if you hear a woosh you may have tank vacuum. that can happen if the tank breather is blocked. that an cause fuel to be sucked back into the tank when you stop.

if your priming the filter to get the car started in the morning the fuel has drained back to the tank. thats generally caused by the one way valve in the primer not working and often an air leak (poor filter seal or split hose end). a boat fuel primer or one way valve fitting down by the tank will help stop fuel draining back to the tank.

Hi thanks for the reply... been out so hadn't work on the car lately... well the outlet only has a strainer thats to be sure... so its making me more confused

Well the main thing im still lost is why do i have alot of fuel rushing out of the return line when the car is off while priming

Well the main thing im still lost is why do i have alot of fuel rushing out of the return line when the car is off while priming
thats not an issue. when you prime you pump fuel to the injector pump and back to the tank.

So you saying no matter the engine is off? I also asked another friend of mine that has the same model but he said when his engine is off and he primes he gets no fuel coming out of the the return line

Latest posts

Back