Inexpensive non brand name Snorkel is great

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

Scott52

Reaction score

We fitted one of these to a friends Thai built king cab. It's the same as the snorkel I fitted to my Thai single cab three years ago. My snorkel has done the Canning Stock Route, Holland Track and many expeditions into the Western Australian Goldfields. I've not had one issue with it. For less than $AUD100 it's been very good. In fact it appears identical to the expensive branded items ... same thickness plastic to. I reckon they come out of the same factory. Do some searching as you'll find plenty of vendors.

The template was accurate for the main 100mm hole which was all we wanted. As is normal after drilling the big hole we needed to take a bit more out on the top to get the snorkel in the right position. For the four mounting holes we inserted small wooden dowels into the snorkel's threaded holes. We had them protruding about 10mm then put a dob of paint on the ends.

We placed the snorkel in position and pressed so the dowels left a paint mark on the masked up fender. We drilled 14mm holes with a stepper drill.
After removing the masking tape and coating the hole edges with zinc primer the snorkel bolted up perfectly.

Last edited:

OldManBeard

Reaction score
That looks exactly the same as the one I have. Perfectly effective and cheap as. :) I've been buying these cheap snorkels ever since starting with off-roading and have never had a problem with any of them.

OldManBeard

Reaction score
For the four mounting holes we inserted small wooden dowels into the snorkel's threaded holes. We had them protruding about 10mm then put a dob of paint on the ends.
I went a similar route, except that I used those pointed location markers that are used in carpentry for transferring dowel holes from one piece of wood to another. They leave a really nice little indent that's perfect for starting the drill bit in.

Rhino1174

Reaction score
Hi all big question is whats the chances of one of these fitting a dual cab Thai built d40 then I have put mine beside a king cab and for the life of me can’t see any difference am I missing something ??

gazzweld

Reaction score
i just fitted one to my 14 D40 spanish dual cab and it went on fine.
they supplied fittings for the full range of possible airboxes.
you can get the full fitting instructions from Safari if you get stuck.

Rhino1174

Reaction score
Thanks maybe it’s a case of buy it and pray to the Nissan gods I can make it fit seems like this Thai built is becoming my nightmare for parts should have bought a Spain built model I learning so much after buying it wish had info before

Latest posts